Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted, used five chain M96 engine parts

MisterCorn

I am rebuilding a scrap engine to be used to check for fitment. The engine will never be run, but I want to put all of the parts back in so that it could be used as an exchange block. Unfortunately, when I stripped it I threw away the parts which would be replaced. So I need....

The three chains which go on the IMS
The tensioner pads to go with them
3 piston circlips

Obviously I don't care about the state of these, so long as they are complete. Has anybody got any chucked in a corner they don't need?

Thanks.
MC

You've maybe seen my thread Martin so my stuff may not be what you're after but I'll have the used versions of the parts in this pic.

It's only the smaller camshaft drive chains and pads though not the IMS stuff from further down.

Two other factors too -

1) My Indy may have binned them.
2) I was meant to be collecting car tomorrow but it's forecast snow up here so it'll be next year now. That'll be when I collect the car and thus any parts.

Yes please on the circlips Infrasilver. Marky, thanks but those are not the parts I am looking for. If all fails I'll ask Baz. He probably fills a skip a month with these things.

MC

MC

My car is at Hartech, rebuild is performance based not a failure, as such your welcome to the chains which are serviable, mine will be replaced, provided of course they are what your looking for.

I 'think' they have started stripping it or are just about too.

crash7 said:
MC

My car is at Hartech, rebuild is performance based not a failure, as such your welcome to the chains as mine will be replaced, provided they are what your looking for

I 'think' they have started stripping it or are just about too.

Thanks very much. I'll give Baz a call on Monday.

MC

No problem, if you need me to drop Grant or Tobias a note let me know.

I am selling every single part from a 997 3.8s M97.01 if it helps (I would imagine a lot of the parts are the same)

Jay

All sorted now thanks to the scrap bin at Hartech.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back