Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC washed it when told not to - common experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter Of Beans said:
Hey folks, please let's not let this site get like Pistonheads or something. Suggesting people aren't being truthful, calling each other idiots and so on is standard PH stuff. I've always found this forum is better than that. Standards, chaps, standards!

Fair point. Generally everyone seems fairly moderate in their opinions and helpful. Couple of people seem to have taken intense dislike to my thread for whatever reason. Let's agree to disagree, life is too short.

OP - glad to see that the dealer is leaning forward to help you. Mistakes can be made, it's all about what happens next.

Not sure why there was such exception taken to this post, it's all about expected levels of service and care taken at the end of the day, regardless what the underlying issue may be.

Western power came to replace the main power cables into my house a little while ago. It took me over half an hour to clear the rubbish from my garden that had been dropped. Might seem like a trivial concern to some, but that's not really the point, is it?!

It's sad to see more of the "care less" attitude coming into daily life more and more, and being accepted and almost expected. Doesn't bode well for the future :nooo:

jpsh120 said:
OP - glad to see that the dealer is leaning forward to help you. Mistakes can be made, it's all about what happens next.

Not sure why there was such exception taken to this post, it's all about expected levels of service and care taken at the end of the day, regardless what the underlying issue may be.

Western power came to replace the main power cables into my house a little while ago. It took me over half an hour to clear the rubbish from my garden that had been dropped. Might seem like a trivial concern to some, but that's not really the point, is it?!

It's sad to see more of the "care less" attitude coming into daily life more and more, and being accepted and almost expected. Doesn't bode well for the future :nooo:

Thank you, yes exactly what you said - it's about what happened and what's important to you.

Well I don't want to wade into what is obviously 'contentious-thread-of-the week' for some reason, but to answer the original question, in my experience (mostly limited to Finland, where I live), the last thing a dealer does is wash your car, or arrange for it to be washed.

It has happened twice however, both times in the winter. Once my Porsche indy washed the car with a jet wash to remove 200km of fresh winter motorway grime (it was pretty rough out there), and once an independent washed my other car for the same reason. Neither were dried or scrubbed with last years' underpants. Just jet washed by the technician to remove snow and ice and salt. With my permission. And while I watched. And then they did the work on a dripping wet car...

It's a different set up over here, with different business models. No one would pay for it. They don't lend you complimentary cars either (instead there's a rental desk for a Nissan BongO at 89e/day or some *****).

Why not get them to pay for it to be professionally detailed again?

Had problem previously where they use alloy wheel cleaner (must have) on mine and caused it to premature corrode. Went back to complain as it is still under warranty but they said that someone used alloy wheel cleaner on it and not covered under warranty. :x I never use any such stuff myself and no one else washes the car.

jazzy2000 said:
Why not get them to pay for it to be professionally detailed again?

Had problem previously where they use alloy wheel cleaner (must have) on mine and caused it to premature corrode. Went back to complain as it is still under warranty but they said that someone used alloy wheel cleaner on it and not covered under warranty. :x I never use any such stuff myself and no one else washes the car.

Yes that's what I am going for, getting a report from my detailer compiled who
saw it yesterday and took pics etc. All about negotiation, they have been ok so far but that doesn't mean they will agree to full cost so be good to meet DP face to face and chat about it but still expect them to push back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back