Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cooling System Fault

wildej

Hi Chaps, has anyone had the "Fault Cooling System Visit Repair Shop" warning message pop up on the dash ?

Car seems to be running fine with no coolant loss or temp increase.

Cheers

Yup .. seen it many times .. there are about 8 electric valves all run by a single vacumn pipe / system .. if one of the valves fails or looses vacumn then they all fail .

The only fault you as the driver sees is this mesage .

There have been a couple of campaigns / recalls on this fault but that was a few years back..

Either way its a split vacumn pipe or a valve thats leaking .

Original valves were grey .. superceded to another modified grey one which was in turn replaced by a black one .

Garage job im afraid .. doesnt have to be an OPC but if under warrenty then use an OPC .

Indy would find the fault quicker if they use a smoke machine which im pretty sure OPC,s dont have .. at least my last one didnt .

I've just had this.

3 out of 8 valves failed. One of them was causing my pse to stay open.

Cost me about £430 at Porsche Brooklands.

Thanks for the replies chaps very much appreciated.
Had my Indy look at it today and as stated it's a couple of the valves on the vacuum system that need replacing :thumb:

Have the same warning this morning :nooo: exhaust note changed completely last week to a deeper sound (not in a nice way) Everything else fine including temp.

Question is where to take? OPC or Indy? :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back