Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just how amazing are Porsche?

I was going to machine polish Herman, however the settee and some old top gears from 2005 have won the day :oops:
Anyway the Aston Martin DBR9 is on, aluminium chassis, carbon fibre body, 600 odd bhp, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds... about the same time as the new 992 Boggo carrera S with LC! :eek: Oh and you'll get 3 times as many mpg in the 911, aren't Germans wonderful :thumb:

Indeed. 0-60 in just not much over 3 secs, over 31 mpg combined.

Witchcraft, that's what that is.

The Aston is a lovely looking, sounding car but they don't seem such good value when they spend a good majority of time laid up in the dealership awaiting rework .....

I wouldn't take the chance with one ..... 2 of my mates have done so, one sold a beautiful Cayman S to buy an immaculate low mileage V8 Vantage, which promptly spent the next 6 months in & out of the dealership...... that was moved on at a great loss...not to mention lost driving time ....

The Porsche on the other hand is an everyday car in every form ( albeit some owners on other current threads think a Turbo car is a weekend toy )
to be enjoyed in your chosen driving style ....

I just realized the other day that I have never had cause to use the Launch control in my car !! It just doesn't need it in any instance I have come across and I am too mechanically sympathetic to try it really ...

I have been going through the motions in my head again about what to replace it with ( as dark thoughts always arise when away ) but I go on the car sites .... then I'm off before I know it .... tried it with a Cayman GT4 for a while and although its a great car in its own right ...when I decided one had to go .... The Turbo S still has pride of place in my garage !

The Porsche marque is brilliant .... that's all I can say .........

Now get off the sofa and get the compound on .... !

The 911 is a hoot, and really great fun to drive around a race track alongside some other more exotic machinery, especially those with 'more power', as you can often outbrake and outcorner them. And if they get do past on the straight, and you don't have the space to outbrake them into the first corner, if you get the corner exit right you can close the gap back up and then worry them all the way through the next sequence of corners until they feel the pressure and you can find the space to pass them again.

Driving my 997, I am constantly reminded of the 'giant killers', the little Mini's and Lotus's at Goodwood for example taking the fight to the Mustangs, Jaguars and Thunderbirds. It never gets old, even though it's just physics (less weight/more control).

Their SUVs defy the laws of physics too! My Cayenne diesel 4.2s goes like the
proverbial off a shovel and still manages to find its way around the corners
like a car half its weight.
Even managed average 44 mpg on a sensible 300 mile trip recently,
not too shabby for a planet killing V8 diesel!
Makes you wonder what Porsche could do if they ever decided to build caravans!

Porkaholic said:
Their SUVs defy the laws of physics too! My Cayenne diesel 4.2s goes like the
proverbial off a shovel and still manages to find its way around the corners
like a car half its weight.
Even managed average 44 mpg on a sensible 300 mile trip recently,
not too shabby for a planet killing V8 diesel!
Makes you wonder what Porsche could do if they ever decided to build caravans!

I agree...I have lost count of the number of times I've shown a shrinking back end to numerous bellends who tailgate me .... I can't resist it at times ....love it when the kids in the back encourage me ....it's better than the in car entertainment ......

I've been in a mates tuned Macan ..and that thing REALLY surprised me ..
I thought the Cayenne was quick for an SUV but although it's a bit smaller than the KN it's MUCH more nimble .....
I could be persuaded into one of them ( with the same tune up )

spongebob squarepants said:
I was going to machine polish Herman, however the settee and some old top gears from 2005 have won the day :oops:
Anyway the Aston Martin DBR9 is on, aluminium chassis, carbon fibre body, 600 odd bhp, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds... about the same time as the new 992 Boggo carrera S with LC! :eek: Oh and you'll get 3 times as many mpg in the 911, aren't Germans wonderful :thumb:

I'll still leather it. Not MPG obvs, but who's bothered about that other than the earth children? :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back