Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porshce 911 (992) Terrible Design - In My Opinion

^^^ Great angle. Lovely car. 8)

I was just about to say it isn't so much the styling as the size of everything since the 997. I use my old 996 for B road breakfast blasts and weekends away so the fact each generation gets bigger just doesn't appeal.

Then I see a pic like Steves above and realise that either way, Porsche usually nail it design wise. Some models are more of a "grower" than others and take a while to click.

For me personally though, not needing rear seats or daily drive ability, if I was spending £80k plus on a modern Porsche it would be a GT4, a 6/7 GT3 or something aircooled, but for those who want a daily driver, modern one the 992 will still fly off the shelves.

Nicer problems to have. :D

You could buy a Panamera. It has four seats, and at the rate 911s grown it will be around 12 generations before the 911 is also around 4.9m long. Buy the future...

MC

MisterCorn said:
You could buy a Panamera. It has four seats, and at the rate 911s grown it will be around 12 generations before the 911 is also around 4.9m long. Buy the future...

MC

:yeah:

:floor:

Had a nosey around the 992 's in Portsmouth this afternoon. Nice dark blue and a yellow. As ever they have some great lines. disappointment was the interior. The dials/screens look unfinished. And that shelf on the dash ain't my cuppa tea.

Will reserve final judgement until I've driven one in Stuttgart in a few weeks :dont know:

PerrinAybara said:
991.2GTS said:
I also questioned the backend when I first saw the 992, but it's growing on me. I'm thinking of ordering one later in the year, and this spec is currently my favourite:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLNX2ME3
Good grief, mine's practically identical.

You forgot the wood, though. :nooo:

Have you ordered the wood trim also?

6appeal said:
PerrinAybara said:
991.2GTS said:
I also questioned the backend when I first saw the 992, but it's growing on me. I'm thinking of ordering one later in the year, and this spec is currently my favourite:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLNX2ME3
Good grief, mine's practically identical.

You forgot the wood, though. :nooo:

Have you ordered the wood trim also?
I haven't ordered yet. Waiting until the end of this year or even next - will probably go for the base model (or might consider the targa when it comes out.

So I'm just watching and waiting....

That's quite a difference... targa about £20k more!

I'd like a targa, but I don't want 4wd

Not sure if it has been posted on this site already, but here is a comparison video of the two cars.

Theres been much debate about this car , personally its no longer a 911 and is now a Panamera Coupe but it seems Porsche are taking the car in that direction as a well considered plan and its part of there long term strategy as we move away from the turrets fuels.

As for the OPs spelling of the word PORSCHE all I can say is did you ever would for Porsche in the UAE :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_346.jpg
    29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_346.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6,259
It looks better with sport design front bumper.

Too beetle-like in standard open mouth bumper

The 992's fine by me, but it seems about 10% too big in all dimensions.

I just parked next to a Panamera e-hybrid in the car park, and from my drivers's seat I was about eyeball level with the hybrid badge on the front quarter panel. That thing is frankly enormous (it barely fits into a standard parking bay) and made me feel as though I'd parked a tiny little classic.

MaxA said:
The 992's fine by me, but it seems about 10% too big in all dimensions.

:floor:

If it was 10% smaller in all dimensions it would be about 20 cms shorter and 10 cms narrower than a 993 and, most crucially, only about 15 cms taller than a GT40.

love the 992, the stance on the road is perfect for me
Cant wait for the turbo version and look forward to parking next to it to see the difference.

Having had 2 996 which in my eyes have dated at the front due to the egg shaped lamps, 997,991s and 992s look great and my guess is wont date too much when the 993 comes

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back