Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stuttgart trip

HSC911

After my Mrs bought Geneva Motor show for me and my boy, my cousin (also a 996T owner), has bought me a flight and V8 hotel stay for 2 nights in Stuttgart :D

So, arrive Friday eve, return Sunday eve.

Porsche Museum Saturday, Mercedes Sunday...what/where else :dont know:

I am hoping Alex replies with some local 'sites' to visit :grin:

:thumb:

Porsche factory tour, book through the museum before you go.

Frenchmeister said:

Hi buddy :thumbs:

Can we do both and be finished by 2pm?

Thinking of getting the 2pm train to Munich to go see Bayern play Schalke at 17:30.

Are they far apart?

HSC911 said:
Frenchmeister said:

Hi buddy :thumbs:

Can we do both and be finished by 2pm?

Thinking of getting the 2pm train to Munich to go see Bayern play Schalke at 17:30.

Are they far apart?

Get there when the museum opens and try to get a tour for 11am and you'll be out by 1pm. The factory is across the road from the museum and tours start in the museum lobby.

NB: If you're in the PCGB take your card and you'll get in free.

T8 said:
Get there when the museum opens and try to get a tour for 11am and you'll be out by 1pm. The factory is across the road from the museum and tours start in the museum lobby.

NB: If you're in the PCGB take your card and you'll get in free.

Cheers :mrt:

Have you pre booked? Doubt you'll get in on the day, we booked months in advance and only one appointment left?
:dont know:

HSC911 said:
After my Mrs bought Geneva Motor show for me and my boy, my cousin (also a 996T owner), has bought me a flight and V8 hotel stay for 2 nights in Stuttgart :D

So, arrive Friday eve, return Sunday eve.

Porsche Museum Saturday, Mercedes Sunday...what/where else :dont know:

I am hoping Alex replies with some local 'sites' to visit :grin:

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on your trip as this is on the possible itinerary for Dinslaken next year :thumb:

Jin, as previously posted , just over the road, book ASAP it's a must, Mercedes museum and Porsche museum offer a discount if doing both not sure how you do it though.
Mercedes museum is awesome btw.

Frenchmeister said:
Mercedes museum and Porsche museum offer a discount if doing both not sure how you do it though..

Take the Porsche museum ticket to the merc museum and show it for a discount (it showed the offer on the back of the ticket when we went this summer).. note they are 6 miles apart. Neither are expensive.

Taxi from v8 hotel to museum was 20 mins :thumb:

This link has details on museum and tours, but it says factory open Mon-Fri.

https://www.porsche.com/museum/en/oeffnungszeitenundpreise/

Museum people said we don't/can't book :dont know:

Factory tour people said they are closed on Weekends :sad:

It won't be the towels finding their way into the suitcase :grin:

Attachments

• 97345ec9_6cfa_4f7b_9931_87465ae4ca16_980.jpeg
    97345ec9_6cfa_4f7b_9931_87465ae4ca16_980.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 7,153
I saw those Gulf mugs...already on it
leggit.gif

Was going to book the Gulf room as I love the colour scheme BUT I has to sleep in a Porker so went Martini instead, let's hope my sleep is not 'shaken or stirred'
:floor:

Can not wait! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back