Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 smell

MLB9911

okay - I've read a few things on line - but does anyone else get like a burning rubber smell from the back of their car after it has a decent run out. Its my first 911 and I do remember a bit of a whiff from other peoples cars. Car is 4 years old with <17k miles on it.......reassurance required please!

MLB9911 said:
okay - I've read a few things on line - but does anyone else get like a burning rubber smell from the back of their car after it has a decent run out. Its my first 911 and I do remember a bit of a whiff from other peoples cars. Car is 4 years old with <17k miles on it.......reassurance required please!
Perfectly normal and shows your driving properly :thumb: not as pronounced as a 997 but always there after a spirited drive.
Next you'll be looking at your oil pressure and temp gauges and wondering where they should be :grin:

As above, all very normal.

A quick search on here would have informed you that the smell you experienced ocurrs on the earlier models and not just confined to the 991.

here is a picture

Attachments

• img_e0351_128.jpg
    img_e0351_128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,968
MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

Nice ducktail :worship: but those alloys don't look right I'll take them off your hands if you wish :thumb:

MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

How did you manage to get a picture of the smell?

Nice car though ..

Oh, you have a ducktail! Yeah, they really stink.

:worship: lovely looking thing you have there. Great wheel choice, and colour too.

MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

SB is going to get ideas about those wheels now ...!!

911TEL said:
MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

Had my eyes on jonttts, and I'm sure finding his car on bricks one Morning is pretty normal in his neck of the woods :grin: However I've since found out as his car is 'just a boxster" there not wide enough for a 911 :grin: so the search goes on....

spongebob squarepants said:
911TEL said:
MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

Had my eyes on jonttts, and I'm sure finding his car on bricks one Morning is pretty normal in his neck of the woods :grin: However I've since found out as his car is 'just a boxster" there not wide enough for a 911 :grin: so the search goes on....

Fair comment ...you don't want to put the Boxster wheel on the Carrera ......wouldn't feel right ...

Keep an eye on all the ads ( as if you aren't) I am sure something will come up .......

I have more sets of wheels than space to keep them in .... Porsche/Audi/Range Rover/ /Merc....I just might need them again one day so hard to get shot of them ......😎

just come back from Bicester Heritage Porsche Club GB - some cracking cars up there !! Hands of my wheels - I need to get them redone at some point - stone chips.... :damn: Nice ducktail to Spongebob!

MLB9911 said:
just come back from Bicester Heritage Porsche Club GB - some cracking cars up there !! Hands of my wheels - I need to get them redone at some point - stone chips.... :damn: Nice ducktail to Spongebob!
Titanium gloss :thumb:

911TEL said:
spongebob squarepants said:
911TEL said:
MLB9911 said:
here is a picture

Fair comment ...you don't want to put the Boxster wheel on the Carrera ......wouldn't feel right ...

Keep an eye on all the ads ( as if you aren't) I am sure something will come up .......

I have more sets of wheels than space to keep them in .... Porsche/Audi/Range Rover/ /Merc....I just might need them again one day so hard to get shot of them ......😎

Any 991 carrrera S in titanium? :grin: there's a few about but too much coin, especially considering I need to get the colour changed :x

It's Porsche smell - accept no substitute! Every example I've ever been in does this, especially this time of year. The rear wheels ping detritus and water onto the exhaust silencers and your P&J does the rest.

Nothing like it when you open the door and it catches up to you or you're downwind as you walk into the house and it lovingly guides you to the front door.

As for the car.... you deserve better, PM me for my number and I'll come take it. Ducktail and all! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back