Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another lowered car rear camber issue post

911munKy said:
Teffers/Hertsdriver - I'm pretty sure that my car hasn't been involved in a crash, no evidence seen when replacing parts on all the corners and it's had 3 alignments with standard & M030 suspension and apart from seized bolts there have been no problems with (more conservative) alignment specs.

Hi, sorry I didnt mean specifically accident damage, but even a rear wheel sliding out into a curb 'clonk' could have pushed things in enough to have caused that sort of issue. Just a thought :thumb:

I'll be lowering my car too. Any recommendations on adjustable toe arms? Do I really need to spend £500-£600?

911munKy said:
These are the adjustable arms I've found after a quick web search:

Hardrace £215
https://www.driftworks.com/hardrace...MI846r9KuL3wIVm4KzCh3gVAFDEAQYAyABEgLBufD_BwE

eBay modified arms (like Infrasilver (?) made up) £290 with boots
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustab...1-996-997-Boxster-Cayman-986-987/223214525257

I'd like to not spend a small fortune changing parts and repetitive £100 geo sessions but need to fix it soon to save my tyres.

Advice appreciated thanks. I live near Sevenoaks in Kent if anyone can recommend an experience alignment shop.

Mine didn't cost anywhere near these collecting the bits myself and fitting them together, you probably already read the below thread?

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113048

Agree with Marky911.

Likely 'operator error'. 911's and boxsters aren't the easiest to align at the best of times. If all you're used to doing is corsa's you'll struggle to get a 911 in spec, let alone if it's lowered.

Its quite funny watching the confused faces sometimes - when they adjust the toe and then get frustrated that their carefully adjusted camber has moved! :grin:

infrasilver said:
911munKy said:
These are the adjustable arms I've found after a quick web search:

Hardrace £215
https://www.driftworks.com/hardrace...MI846r9KuL3wIVm4KzCh3gVAFDEAQYAyABEgLBufD_BwE

eBay modified arms (like Infrasilver (?) made up) £290 with boots
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustab...1-996-997-Boxster-Cayman-986-987/223214525257

I'd like to not spend a small fortune changing parts and repetitive £100 geo sessions but need to fix it soon to save my tyres.

Advice appreciated thanks. I live near Sevenoaks in Kent if anyone can recommend an experience alignment shop.

Mine didn't cost anywhere near these collecting the bits myself and fitting them together, you probably already read the below thread?

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113048

Infra that's great. Glad you posted it as I've never seen it before.
Do you mind saying how much it cost in total including Alex's machining?

Also I've read it twice but can't actually see where you bought the rose joints for the inner ends.
Any part numbers for outer track rod ends or are they just definitely standard front ones?
I think I'll do this as I've spent enough on my suspension now and I'm not that happy about spending £280 on adjustable arms, £30 on non-camber bushes for front, plus another £140 alignment up here. £450 just to get my camber down from from -2.3 degrees to -1.

I think in total it was around £150 to complete and I sold my used rear control arms on ebay for £40.

I did go to McGill Motorsport for the rose joints and all associated parts at that end. £40 for a couple of front track rod ends and IIRC £60 for the LH/RH threaded adjuster from Alex.

Looks like those ebay arms have copied the same design as what I came up with :dont know:

Cool, thanks and yes they look identical to yours.

I'll look into it. I have a slight fear of hurtling down a mountain pass with toe links I've cobbled together myself but they'll be no different to any of the ones for sale I guess. :thumb:

Alex, do you fancy knocking up anymore sets for forum members?

You could go with the Porsche motorsport ones. Matt at Fearnsport swears by them after problems wih cheap ones not lasting very long.. I will be running these on my C4.

MC

<picks himself up off floor>

Hmm, compared to what I've spent on the car that's not bad but it's not the pain free solution I was hoping for. :grin:

I must add if they were upto £350 I'd choose them over all the eBay ones but I think I'll have a go at Infra's.

Just had a read through this and infra silvers thread. Can I ask what's with the x74? Is this setting purely for tyre wear?
I was looking at lowering springs as everything seems to be in order and I'll probably work my way through the bushes. If it's going to run into extras at every turn I might just leave it at standard height. I've been down this road before with my last car. Every time the wallet was emptied, there was something else.
Is there a happy medium on height? Is a 20mm drop ok?
I just like the idea of a gt3 rep as I've already got the aero and wheels.

Don't want to sound stingy but I've only bought the car and Christmas is on the doorstep

NedHan79 said:
Don't want to sound stingy but I've only bought the car and Christmas is on the doorstep

I thought Christmas was the time to buy yourself something nice that you didn't really need? This sounds ideal.

MC

infrasilver said:
I've probably done 20,000 miles on mine without a problem and those 20,000 are mostly all driven hard. At least there is some R&D on mine but the eBay ones are an unknown quantity.

Likewise - the only part that is not sourced from a 'motorsport' or OEM quality source is the adjuster, which is machined from the correct grade of steel?.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back