Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What dampers?

davidjf7

Imola
Hi all,

Just been up to Centre Gravity today (who were amazing - everyone should pay them a visit!).

Need new dampers as one of mine is leaking, and going to replace all 4 plus springs to future proof the car as it's likely a keeper.

What would the advice be on what to get?

I have the DSC module installed and after talking with CG am looking at either Bilstein B6s with Eibach lowering springs, or B16s.

The car is used primarily on b roads and a bit of m-way driving, but no track use.

Will the B16s be worth the additional cost if i don't track the car?

Thanks guys :thumb:

If you're going to fit and forget, then go for the B6s, but if you want to optimise the set up and want all the adjustability, then run B16s.

I'm in a similar position - I wanted to lower the car a bit so took CG's advice
and ordered the Eibachs (I also have the DSC module), along with Bilstein
B4s as it seemed sensible to fit new ones at the same time (although I'm still
waiting for stock!)

Thanks chaps - not likely to tinker with settings so think I'll go B6 + Eibachs

Just wondering whether spacers might also be a good idea to finish off the look...

:dont know:

What was the reasoning behind B6s out of interest?

I have Oz wheels on mine, with non standard offsets on the fronts, but I'm using OEM 5mm spacers on the rear, giving +5 rear and +4 front. Will see if a bit more is needed once the car is lower on the Eibachs.

My car is currently at 9e having B16's fitted. It currently has Eibachs which were fitted in April this year. I've done less than 500 miles on them, PM me if you are interested but I do not think the new ones are too expensive :)

B6 is monotube v twin tube for the B4, so better performance and control.

CG only advised them as I'm already running the DSC module, otherwise on the harder PASM setting it would be even stiffer (and so probably undriveable except on track!)

I managed to get a cracking deal on Design 911 for all 4 dampers at just over £1,500.

Also found someone on eBay selling a new set of springs for £200, so have done quite well

Appreciate the offer though apollokre1d!

Pleasure mate, good luck and let us know what it is like after it is all done :)

apollokre1d said:
Pleasure mate, good luck and let us know what it is like after it is all done :)

Will do :thumb:

CG visit is next Thursday - can't wait to drive it after everything is done!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back