Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rain leak???

Rr1

Noticed both front foot wells under hinge side on doors are wet and seem to be running down from the side of the dash which meets the doors and also the passenger side speaker cover was wet. I think it might be coming from the seals around the wing mirrors...any ideas? Also had a leak through the head liner above the passenger sun visor but I think this was just a blocked drain as it has not come back since this morning after poking it through and it has been raining harder this afternoon.

Trying to see if there is a simple fix before I call Porsche in the morning and get it looked at under the extended warranty (not sure it will cover this as seals are consumables i expect). I have already cleared the 5 drain holes around the battery as these were also clogged.

Any advice welcome.....

Water leaks from the mirrors are pretty much unherd of , you would need to remove the panel over the mirrors to check .. it pulls out at the base then lifts up .. Never pull this panel from the top .. it breaks .

The plug is taped in place with foam .

Im wondering if you have a sunroof drain problem , the drain for this is at the top of the A pillar .. it can run down inside and exit in that general area .

If not we are into a door membrain .

Basically it needs panels removing to gain access and a water test .. we pour water over the car and look for leaks .. not rocket science is it lol but it works .

Front drain bungs by the battery .. they give damp foot well carpets.

Maybe all sunroof related then. How many drains are there for the sunroof? Passenger side is definitely clear as I tested earlier and looked under the car and water was freely flowing

Do you think OPC warranty will cover this?

OPC warrenty should certainly cover this , there is a sunroof drain in each corner of the car , they run down each A pillar and each C pillar .. basically the front by the screen and the rear by the screen each side.

The only time they will refuse if its blocked by a leaf but a blockage would tend to mean the water will drip onto the drivers or passenger seat as it over flows in the roof section next to the drain .

If you have had a windscreen replacement in the last few weeks then this may also be the cause .. if they didnt fit it properly then this wouldn,t be covered by warrenty .

The only way to find a leak is via a water test though .

Only had the car for three weeks and the previous owner had it for over 2 years but garage daily. How might the windscreen effect the sunroof?

I think from what you have said it is defiantly the sunroof as the three places it is/has leaked it down the front pillars and through the head liner onto the passenger seat.

How can I go about cleaning them out as they are not accessible as far is I can see?

Thanks for your help

The drains around the battery were very clogged so would make sense if that is the same on the sunroof ones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back