Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Caliper Bolts

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I've seen conflicting information about replacing the bolts when taking the callipers off... it is necessary to do so?

I didn't. That said, they undid quite easily. They are very substantial bolts.

If I'd had to really pull at them, or they seemed in poor condition I'd change them.

I'm sure Porsche say they should be replaced once used. As always, you can choose to deviate.

You dont have to replace them .. its good practise to do so but they are not stretch bolts.

All you need to do wether new or old is put some ally grease on the threads .. give them a chance to come undone the next time .

You dont have to replace the brake fixings either but again as a garage we do so thats all i can adivse .

I used to change mine for the first few disc changes but I have had the same ones in for a few disc changes now, I just clean them up and copper grease the threads, I've never had an issue getting one out but when I used to replace them I did have an issue as they seemed to take more force.

As deMort says they are not stretch bolts so no need to change them.

I have always used aluminium grease in place of copperslip, particularly on my bikes where steel, aluminium and stainless are involved. Less of an issue on a car I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back