Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom has ordered an new car :D

Tom,
Very nice, you've confirmed those alloys are the ones for me with the PCCB :thumb: can you confirm which they are? :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
Tom,
Very nice, you've confirmed those alloys are the ones for me with the PCCB :thumb: can you confirm which they are? :dont know:

They are the '20-inch Carrera S wheels' I am fairly sure these were what you get on the GTS, they were my preference any way.

996ttalot said:
Tom,

We did 1000 miles run in and i was on full chat after 500 miles. Changed the oil and filter at that point (it did need it and worth doing). Then tuned it straight away. Now at 4800 miles most of which has been track work.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Appreciate your advice as always. I will continue with my steady running in program as it can do no harm. This car is a huge expense for me and I want to take good care of it. I will deffo get the oil and filter changed at the 1,000 mile point as you suggest.

Robertb said:
Great looking car!

Out of curiosity, what is the view on servicing a new car... are you going to do a 'running in' service, at least an early oil and filter change, even though not required by the book?

Yes I will 100% get the oil changed. It would be an easy DIY but I guess I should take it to either 9e or Fearnsport so I have some paperwork to back it up.

Congrats, looks awesome :thumb:

What a beautifully specified GTS - nicest 718 I've seen - you're not considering sending a brand new 718 GTS for tuning are you? Bonkers :grin:

Beautiful; love Carmine Red and those buckets :thumb:

IMI A said:
What a beautifully specified GTS - nicest 718 I've seen - you're not considering sending a brand new 718 GTS for tuning are you? Bonkers :grin:

Imi are you suggesting I should DIY the mods :?:

911tom said:
996ttalot said:
Tom,

We did 1000 miles run in and i was on full chat after 500 miles. Changed the oil and filter at that point (it did need it and worth doing). Then tuned it straight away. Now at 4800 miles most of which has been track work.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Appreciate your advice as always. I will continue with my steady running in program as it can do no harm. This car is a huge expense for me and I want to take good care of it. I will deffo get the oil and filter changed at the 1,000 mile point as you suggest.

I would follow Kens advice to the letter and use it full chat after 500 miles. I have done this with every new car that I have bought and none have used any oil inbetween servicing.

My view is that the increased pressure of high revs/throttle openings helps to bed the rings in.

Beautiful car by the way.

:thumbs:

kas750 said:
911tom said:
996ttalot said:
Tom,

Ken

I would follow Kens advice to the letter and use it full chat after 500 miles. I have done this with every new car that I have bought and none have used any oil inbetween servicing.

My view is that the increased pressure of high revs/throttle openings helps to bed the rings in.

Beautiful car by the way.

:thumbs:

Oh okay. I was of the assumption that by going OTT with the running in I would only be benefitting the car. Are you thinking I could do more harm than good?

Thank you I am so pleased with it. Hopefully I should be collecting it tomorrow from having PPF fitted.

911tom said:
IMI A said:

Imi are you suggesting I should DIY the mods :?:

Sorry you completely lost me I'm asking whether you're prepared to tune a brand new car under manufacturers warranty?

Whether you tune DIY or go to an Indy completely up to you. You obviously have your old chum Rick at hand for tuning. Next year I defo plan to see Rick at his rolling road.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back