Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disable frunk light when battery charger connected

flying_scotsman

Nurburgring
I've connected up the C-Tek to keep the battery trickle charging over the winter - but I've noticed that the frunk light stays on even though the lid is down with the latch on the first click. I don't remember the light staying on with my previous Boxster/911.

Any simple suggestions?

flying_scotsman said:
Any simple suggestions?

Pull the bulb out
idea.gif

:thumb:

Charge it through the fag lighter?

HSC911 said:
flying_scotsman said:
Any simple suggestions?

Pull the bulb out
idea.gif

:thumb:

I do love the collective sense of humour here on 911uk :roll: - I should have added ".. apart from pulling the bulb". Not so easy to refit the bulb in the pitch dark :nooo:

I guess a 2 hour auto-off is OK.

I used to just close the lid... there was enough gap for the wire to fit through and not pinch.

I used a screwdriver to close the latch on the lock.
The car then thinks the lid is closed.

I didn't know it timed out after a couple of hours?

But mines a 996 so may not be the same.

Cheers,

Magic919 said:
It should go off in a couple of hours.

:yeah:

I thought the same with my 997 and found when I checked the next day it had gone off.

Just to confirm, my 997.2 frunk light switches off after a little while, even if the bonnet is fully open.
I replaced the original bulb with a LED one that's lower wattage and brighter. Ditto all the other small bulbs around the car.

Interesting, recently put a Ctek on mine. Have the bonnet locked shut despite the small gauge cable being present. Can't say Ive noticed the light on, how did you notice? Surely you expect it to be on when you open the bonnet and then you have no idea what is going on once you close it?

Mobile phone video from within the frunk?

Chortle; a bit like the "how do I know if the fridge light goes off?" question. I did exactly what you suggest, left my mobile in the frunk, recording, closed frunk, re-opened, checked recording. Sure enough as soon as the frunk is shut the light goes off. Same with the light in the engine compartment, checked that too.
If you leave the frunk open the light goes out after a few minutes anyway.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Interesting, recently put a Ctek on mine. Have the bonnet locked shut despite the small gauge cable being present. Can't say Ive noticed the light on, how did you notice? Surely you expect it to be on when you open the bonnet and then you have no idea what is going on once you close it?

Mobile phone video from within the frunk?

I may be wrong, but I think the OP is resting the lid on the latch, rather than pushed fully closed.

Oh yeah, I'll go about my business in the presumed security that the frunk light is out on my particular set-up :lol:

lid needs to be fully closed to activate the bonnet micro switch for the light and the alarm system .

Best way is to have the lead up at the top of the bonnet so that you close the lid then connect the battery charger .. it can be hidden under the panels if needed .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back