Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2019 Porsche 911 [992]: 8th Gen revealed

Even bigger, even heavier and with some even crazier numbers on the options list (it is no challenge to push the price over £125k). I don't dislike it per-se, but it certainly isn't for me.

I like the way that you can have ceramics without yellow callipers, but the price premium is a true exercise in sarcasm. And how on Earth did the chrono pack get to almost £1650 for a stopwatch, a steering wheel switch and some software?

I'm a bit in-different to the overall design, it doesn't make me go 'wow" as the 991 did. But it may look much better when seen in real life.

To me the back in particular is too fussy and stylised i.e. the light bar. The sports exhaust 'exits' are fake which is pretty inexcusable - the sort of thing you're used to seeing on diesel rep-mobiles.

I suspect they've gone for the odd looking, but smaller PDK selector as the old one obscured quite a few buttons (it does in the manual anyway).

If memory serves me right the 991 was lighter than the equivalent 997 so I guess the 992 is back to 997 weight, especially bearing in mind that all models are wide bodied 4s. I don't think that's too bad given the (presumably) improved crash structure and compulsory emmisions paraphanalia/turbo gubbins.

although it's a headline 4% price increase, there is also and not surprising a a mix of option price increases, not not everything has gone up....

Caveat the following examples, where there are technology changes and general price increases that the 991.2 to 992 comparison isn't per say on a like for like basis, but you get the point

Metallic Paint up from £834 to £876 = +5%
Special Colours up from £1,877 to £1,919 = +2%

Sports seats (14-way electric) with memory package from £1,031 to £1,599 = +55%
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) with memory package from £1,919 to £2,315 = +20%
LED main headlights with matrix beam including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) from £1,772 to £2,054.00 = +16%

Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof unchanged at £1,592.00
Privacy glass unchanged at £ 387.00
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) unchanged £ 2,273.00
Rear-axle steering unchanged £ 1,592.00

Front axle lift system from £1,599 to £1,709.00 = +7%
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) from £6,018 to £6,321.00 = +5%

But what does it sound like?

All the clips that showed the car being driven had the car drowned out by the backing music, considering the reaction to the 718 I hope it sounds like a Porsche should despite the blowers.

Gottans said:

All the clips that showed the car being driven had the car drowned out by the backing music, considering the reaction to the 718 I hope it sounds like a Porsche should despite the blowers.

It's going to sound like a turbo :nooo:

spongebob squarepants said:
Gottans said:

Mate I saw a 991.2 GTS thus morning that had plenty of engine noise, with plenty of pops and bangs on over run. The only real difference was that you could hear the turbo's spoolling up. I can't understand why a Turbo can't sound like that.

FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Gottans said:

Mate I saw a 991.2 GTS thus morning that had plenty of engine noise, with plenty of pops and bangs on over run. The only real difference was that you could hear the turbo's spoolling up. I can't understand why a Turbo can't sound like that.

:hand: :hand: :hand: totally different sound, sort of 'tinny'

Edit- I'll take one though :grin:

With a 750mL bottle in the cup holder how does manual shifter works?

gtb5 said:
With a 750mL bottle in the cup holder how does manual shifter works?

we will have to await till they launch the manual to find out...

Attachments

• interior_x00_137.jpg
    interior_x00_137.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 10,202
Joking aside they got the centre console spot on :thumb:

Porsche 992 features a new rear spoiler ''Air Brake''''

Now offfial confirmed

Air brake specs yet to be released

Attachments

• f80ac993_7474_489b_a53f_0a63143c491d_197.jpeg
    f80ac993_7474_489b_a53f_0a63143c491d_197.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 12,417
Saw my first one 'in the metal' last night.

I could live with the rear end when it's parked up. :thumbs:

BUT when the spoiler is deployed it look a real dogs-dinner. :nooo:

Unless you're planning to use it for waterskiing towing duties you should be okay? :grin:

I'm liking it. Though not my missing invite to Hatfield OPC :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back