Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 997.1T Kline 100cell cats. May consider de-cat

Scholester

Barcelona
Hi,
I would like to try either 100cell/decats over my current 200cells. I do understand that the 100cell units are borderline for CEL.
Scholester.

I have 100 cells on mine ,they passed the MOT fine
You just need to warm it up before taking the c02 reading .
I am tempted to decat mine ,but Kline want 300 for decat pipes.
I am going to ask ken if there much different between decat and 100s in
Performance when tuning.

tgdesign said:
Performance when tuning.

Let us all know, when you find out :)

tgdesign said:
Performance when tuning.

It's not a performance driven reason - just noise! I am not interested in remapping my car so if 100cell requires this then I will be sticking with 200cell.

tgdesign said:
Performance when tuning.

Ken steered me towards decat. My understanding from him was better sound and performance. And I'm certainly not disappointed :thumbs:

Felix (Kline) provided me with 200 cell cats should I ever need them. But so far, so good. Happy days :)

Regarding cat count there is a performance benefit the less count there is. I make the assumption that the cats are HJS like we have in Kline systems and not the cheap stuff that goes into other systems generally.

In terms of performance benefit - measuring from say 60-130mph.
200 cell - base time
100 cell - 0.5 seconds quicker
decat - 1 second quicker.

and 0.5 seconds is a lot of performance. Power curve shifts to the left as well since turbos spool quicker etc.

In terms of CEL
- 200 cell HJS - no lights
- 100 cell HJS - no lights but potential in the long term
- decat - always lights.

The problem is that on 997.1 and 997.2 the range of the post cat triggers is very tight (sensitive) hence the 100 cell comment. Since it is just the post cat the error codes get coded out or triggers increased as it is not important as it just measures cat efficiency.

The Kline system is the only decat system I know that has zero drone and sounds great. All other decat systems are great for 5 minutes and then you are like let me out of here.

Re the cats, the Kline 100 or 200 cell HJS cats are £800+vat if you wanted to change at a later date. Hence why Kline is generally more expensive as a system than others but it is about the quality of the components used.

If you are not doing tuning, then select the 200 cell. You can always change later if you want.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back