Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2019 Porsche 911 [992]: 8th Gen revealed

I knew the back end reminded me of something......

.........my mate on a stag do in Benidorm.

CTBBf8w.jpg

Counter Of Beans said:
I think it looks great, apart from:
1) the rear - just too fussy and over-styled, and I dislike the vertical vents, they should be horizontal
2) the wheels - too big, especially the rears. Dread to think how much new rear tyres will cost.

The interior looks lovely (it's from the Panamera, no?), and I imagine the performance will be fantastic. At over £110k when options added it's a hugely expensive car.

Another point: will it make the 992 Turbo redundant? I know this one has turbos, but it's not a Turbo, if you follow me. And with 450 bhp it makes me wonder if a Turbo makes any sense.

3.5 secs 0-62 is mad, yes I agree the turbo is redundant, knowing Porsche's conservative figures that's closer to 3.

what if the turbo is a turbo-e? As in a turbo but with a hybrid electrical supplemental motor. A la a cooking 918? Then you're talking 0-60 in 2-2.5 seconds? But with 4 seats..... :eek:

Actually on reflection that's only a question of when, not if..... :chin:

I really like it. I look forward to picking one up in 10 years time on the second hand market.

In the meantime, I'll hopefully pick up a 991.1 in 3/4 years time.

I bet the front end will be as big as a panemera aswell. I don't think I will be trading in the 993 for that.

First impressions were that it looks stunning. Watching the promo vids has put me off though. It sounds as dull as anything...

The 991 was too big for me so the 992 must be the same size as an A8.

I do like the interior though...

Oh, and they've gone back to using the 996 door handles!

I look forward to driving one but imagine it will be as soulless as the 991.2.

ragpicker said:
First impressions were that it looks stunning. Watching the promo vids has put me off though. It sounds as dull as anything...

Yes some solid observations there. Last of the NA (and best sounding water cooled 911) the 992 is only gonna push up 991.1 prices :worship:

I think the car looks amazing especially the rear!
:thumb:

To add some more details, the PDK C2S comes in at 1,515kg where as the PDK C4S is at 1,565kg

Overall that's 55 kg up from the 991.2, due to

- 20 KG from the new 8 speed PDK gearbox with space for Hybrid tech
- 12 KG from the enlarged crash structure (bigger body)
- 10 KG from emission technology including particulate filter
- 13 KG the rest, from wheels and other bits across in the car (inside and out)

new PCM

PCM 4.0 has been updated now in line with Panamera, Cayenne and Macan – bringing with it the full Porsche Connect package and other digital benefits outlined in the release.

The rear spoiler

Has been mentioned that this also can act as an air brake but this has yet to be confirmed.

Wet Mode

Wet mode is standard fit, but Sport Chrono allows the driver to engage wet mode via the mode selector on the steering wheel which only comes with that option. Otherwise, it's engaged by a dashboard switch. The changes brought by wet mode are primarily to the programming of the ABS and stability systems.

Essentially more and earlier computer control, so specific sports chrono if you want to turn it off!

Redesign to the iconic '911' script

Is a design nod to Porsche heritage and signifies the new generation.

New Emissions Standard

991.2 GTS is Euro 6d-TEMP while 992 is Euro 6d-TEMP EVAP (992 has different cooling, turbocharging and injection systems)

UK deliveries

Currently looking like being March 2019 in time for the '19' reg plate

Sports Exhaust Change

The large bore twin tail is the Sports Exhaust taking the style from the 991 GT2RS, which is important as then the standard exhaust is a 4 pipe affair.

Not to nick pick but that reverses the quantum universe of exhausts, where more pipes are better.

Attachments

• image_01_s5_1x_139.jpg
    image_01_s5_1x_139.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10,646
  • b871dc67_a581_452d_aa9f_60acb526ef73_214.jpeg
    b871dc67_a581_452d_aa9f_60acb526ef73_214.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 10,642
ragpicker said:

Luddite. That's the trouble with the over 40's. Dull and boring :sleepy:

Next thing you'll be getting all excited about SUV's :D

I like it - especially the 80's throwback electric razor they put in the centre console...

Attachments

• s_l1600_1_335.jpg
    s_l1600_1_335.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10,621
  • porsche_911_992_17_347.jpg
    porsche_911_992_17_347.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 10,621
squelch said:
I like it - especially the 80's throwback electric razor they put in the centre console...

Best post of 2018 :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

:worship:

:grin:

So is it really PDK only? There is no option for Manual gearbox on the build website, or will they introduce it later?

I'm tempted to have something new.. but must be manual gearbox.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back