Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Check your Drains!

ballcock

Paul Ricard
We've had some pretty constant rain here in Dublin over the last few days,hopefully you haven't had it as bad in the UK! ..
Anyway I checked either side of my battery this afternoon and found pools of water just up to the first of the electrical grommits on the bulkhead :eek:

It took a bit of gentle (don't want to push the rubber bung through) persuasion with a chopstick and some wooden skewers to get the drain masts cleared ... the water was flowing from the passenger side drain for about a minute once cleared!

Get them checked!

Here's more info

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=91316&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If you want me to be honest .. push the stupid bungs out and never worry about them again .. they are there to stop rodents entering that area .

If you dont want me to be honest then leave them alone and check them once a week to clear debris :p

If a 98 to 2000 i think then just leave them alone .. its a long pipe and not a bung on these .

Btw .. yes we have had rain .. yes it wasnt raining when i left work so didnt put on my water proof gear ( i ride a motorbike ) ..

Yes it decided to do a down pour on the 23 miles trip home ..

Yes i ended up with cold bits a man shouldnt have to suffer :floor:

yes i actually got my daughter with a hair dryer trying to dry my kit whilst i jumped into a hot shower !

:grin:

I'm slowly building up a picture of you DM .. it ain't pretty :p

Ballcock I got caught with this very problem 3 weeks ago on the day my car first landed home. Soaked the carpet in the passenger footwell. Not the start to 996 ownership that I wanted. Up in Antrim here and that Friday it pissed down.
I had the very same problem with my seat exeo 2 years ago only that time it filled the passenger footwell, flooding the comfort control module. This controls some lighting, windows and other bits but more importantly the door locks and alarm. Ended up getting a matching unit from Poland and and had to pay a local crowd £100 to program it in. All because a 20p part is a bad design. :frustrated:

It is indeed a crazy bloody design. It might be worth pulling the stupid bungs as DM says, alternately I might enlarge the holes in the 'bungs' and make them a bit more drain friendly ...
We do like our rain here Ned!

I'm not a big fan of the rain but I'm used to it at this stage.lol
I managed to push the passenger side 1 in by accident but it's in a better place now :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back