Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dustcaps?

mark pearce said:
I have a set of 997 Sport design alloys Alloys with colour crested centres and matching Porsche crested tyre valve caps and can supply a spare set of valve caps, ,all genuine porsche , with matching N rated Tyres

£1200 delivered

Now if these were 19" Sport Classics , I would be over them like a tramp on chips .....

Well in .....

mark pearce said:
I have a set of 997 Sport design alloys Alloys with colour crested centres and matching Porsche crested tyre valve caps and can supply a spare set of valve caps, ,all genuine porsche , with matching N rated Tyres

£1200 delivered

Missed opportunity to upsell to a car with the wheels and the correct matching dust caps.

Ant, you only have 4 wheels and some tyre glue stuff, okay 5 if you count the steering wheel but I will be buggered if I can see where the dust cap sits, which has just given me a thought, how about a inflatable steering wheel so that you can adjust the thickness ( pat pending)
I have 4 PCGB alloy ones you can have , let me know :p

What Demort said...

If you've ever tried to remove metal dust caps that have seized on, then you'd never use them again. Plastic might not look great but they are cheap and they work.

montygraphics said:
Some people are trying to sort a £10k+ engine rebuild and we get this !!

I think its what you call OCD, must leave some room for thought

:lol: :lol:

J

Actually this thread has given me a thought ..

When you have new tyres .. well when i fit them i replace the tyre valves with the same size .. there are shorter ones available if you want them .. just ask for the smaller type .. it wont cost anything extra .

Dust caps are free as long as they are black .. we dont do blue .. or pink .. or ...

Demort, surely you have some of those coloured rim protecter things to offer !
Cool :frustrated:

Frenchmeister said:
Demort, surely you have some of those coloured rim protecter things to offer !
Cool :frustrated:

:floor:

Ive yet to see a Porsche with them fitted !

I think the best option is the tyres that have a rim protector .. in other words they stick out past the wheels and take the damage .. Pirelli ? not sure .

That is unless my wifes driving :eek:

Either way .. dont fit metal caps .. if you do then grease the threads .. and please .. Please dont fit caps with the stupid allen key locking device .. yea they cant get nicked .. yea i dont have a key that size , yea the customer if he has one doesnt say were it is and i cant do the tyre pressures on a service :p

Frustrated !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back