Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The most amazing cars you've been in?

Taxi lap round the Nürburgringin a 720s and Apex's 4 door BMW M3. Both were very impressive :thumbs:

Attachments

• mclaren_03_187.jpg
    mclaren_03_187.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 8,555
  • mclaren_03_187.jpg
    mclaren_03_187.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 8,555
  • mclaren_02_1_131.jpg
    mclaren_02_1_131.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 8,555
  • mclaren_02_1_131.jpg
    mclaren_02_1_131.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 8,555
  • maxresdefault_140.jpg
    maxresdefault_140.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 8,555
  • maxresdefault_140.jpg
    maxresdefault_140.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 8,555
Marky911 said:
Great thread! 8)

Infra I'm jealous. Performante is my current favourite lottery win car.
Kris the 997 Cup sounds like a treat.

Squelch great post. You've just summed up exactly how a proper racing car smells and feels.
My mate Andy had an ex-BTCC 306 then moved on to this Ford Falcon ex Australian touring car.
He occasionally puts a passenger seat in it for pre-season track days. Same thing applies, touch nothing and strap your feet down so you don't kick the ecu to bits. :D
The smell, the noise, everything. Even from the pax seat I'm scared. :grin:

Here it is at Goodwood FOS -

https://youtu.be/OCiHWqzDjZU

Here he is going from last to 2nd at Donny. He doesn't get a clear track until about 4 minutes in. -

https://youtu.be/bioI4enfOss

Road car wise - Anything driven by someone who can pedal properly. I've had memorable rides/drives in all models of GT3s, 430 Scud, 458, Caterham R500.

My old Global was pretty good when it worked.

Anyway great thread. Keep the pics coming.

I've a feeling the winner is Poppopbangbang if he sees this thread. :grin:

Edited to add - Alex, if one of your stories doesn't ever involve downing a pint before or after any given activity, I'll think someone's hacked your account. :grin:
Sounds like fun times though. Those Lambo's are big old bruisers. :thumb:
One of my best mates back home used to race against that actual car when it was Lowndes' steer. There is nothing like being in an actual race car vs a track car. They're completely different things, they just look similar to a road cars

Cool. 8)

Big costs to run them when new obviously. Your mate must have been at the top of his game back then. :thumb:
Was he Holden or Ford though? It's proper fisticuffs over there isn't it. :grin:

Andy also owns this one -

It was just white originally but the Goodwood organisers said if he painted the cars in their original livery he could run them up the hill.

Great thread. :thumbs:

With apologies to all those that might be reading this and wondering why their amazing cars aren't on my list please consider yourselves to be joint 4th. :D

My Top 3.

1st = 2 laps pax in a 997GT3RS around The Ring.
2nd = 2 laps pax in an F40 around Dunsfold.
3rd = 20 mins pax in a 997GT2 around Goodwood.

He was handy behind the wheel, no doubt. Unfortunately budgets sometimes are a bigger decider of success than talent. It also doesn't help when sponsors money was spent on non motorsport related activities.
He was Holden. He still holds the lap record for a class of car at Phillip Island. Not sure which though.
We rip in about the poster that some bloke is trying to flog his posters on eBay. :grin:

Attachments

• gettyimages_996743_1024x1024_557.jpg
    gettyimages_996743_1024x1024_557.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 8,498
  • gettyimages_996743_1024x1024_557.jpg
    gettyimages_996743_1024x1024_557.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 8,498
  • poster_401_199.jpg
    poster_401_199.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 8,498
  • poster_401_199.jpg
    poster_401_199.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 8,498
Nice! 8)

Too right about budgets vs talent. At least he got as far as he did.
It must be a cracking series to race in. :thumb:

T8 said:
Great thread. :thumbs:

With apologies to all those that might be reading this and wondering why their amazing cars aren't on my list please consider yourselves to be joint 4th. :D

My Top 3.

1st = 2 laps pax in a 997GT3RS around The Ring.
2nd = 2 laps pax in an F40 around Dunsfold.
3rd = 20 mins pax in a 997GT2 around Goodwood.

You forgot the laps around Goodwood in a 944S :grin:

infrasilver said:
T8 said:

You forgot the laps around Goodwood in a 944S :grin:

No I didn't :wack:

but I did forget to give honourable mention to the hour I spent in a 7.2l V8 Camaro with flame spitting straight-through exhausts. Being part of a very noisy impromtu fire and (tyre) smoke show in Cardiff City Centre one summer evening was pretty awesome. :D

alex yates said:
I was going through a loose end lad stage in my life after jusr coming out of an 8 year relationship. Every spare minute was spent in that boozer. Still can't believe how stupid I was doing what I did.

The night I met my (ex) wife I drove home in a paralytic state, let's be honest early 80's it was the done thing. I clearly remember hitting the kerb several times :nooo: sometimes you just have to admit to being a complete dick. Somehow I made it home alive and didn't kill anyone else :nooo:
Thinking back now I can't believe I did that. Anyway thinking of the 20 years of torture that lay ahead, actually rolling it and dying wouldn't have been so bad :grin: :?:

This incident was one of my tamer moments at the time. :oops:

First memorable experience was as a 11 year old passenger in a Pontiac Transam 6.7 USA litres V8 seventees rocket, that left an impression!
Later in a mates Lotus Europa which he used as at some racing school, that thing could shift.
Finally as an adult driving a TVR Tuscan Red Rose engine upgrades etc, down to Monte Carlo in one of those crazy Canonball events, great car only broke down twice and tried to kill us a lot which kept your wits sharp!!

Going to my wedding in an Aston Martin DB5 was pretty special. The guy who owned it was only too pleased to drive it spiritedly and show us what it could do. He said his was worth IRO £1M and hats off to him using and enjoying it as often as he could.

When I owned my AMG I got to drive both the new E63S and the AMG GTR, "green beast from hell". Was part of an AMG showcase event. Spent a day with the cars / team and got to drive them fast on all manner of roads including some decent B roads.

Have also been treated as a passenger in a Noble M12 at a track day event. That thing was pretty fast.

Back in 1996, I sat in a McLaren F1 in their "showroom" on Park Lane. The very informative lady informed me it was the car David Coulthard had driven potential customers around a track in. Rioters had tried to smash up the premises and trash the car as part of an anti capitalism protest. I took a paving slab which shattered my riot helmet, but as a petrol head, I protected the F1!

:cop:

My top 5.

1. Ex racing Lola T70 at Silverstone with a pro driver. Had to thread yourself through roll cage into passenger seat.

2. Veyron. 0-170 in a blink of an eye. Completely seamless gear changes. Loads of speed left but run out of road (not in UK).

3. Ferrari Daytona. Fantastic sound, cabin and presence.

4. Le Mans type blower Bentley. Spirited drive whilst sitting (very high up) on back seat. Used to be at local fete many moons ago where you paid £1 for a short trip. Best £1 ever spent.

5. My 997 C2S. Effortless power and poise

:thumbs:

..the old man's Ferrari Mondial when I had only just passed my test and owned a VW 1302s Beetle was quite something although the gear change was awful! And then his 944 Turbo Silver Rose when the boost when tits up...f'ing fast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back