Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 prices

Simple economics of supply, demand and value. So long as supply exceeds demand, prices will continue to fall. That is until the market sees value at which point prices hold or even go back the other way.

Surely the 992 price effect will take a while to come through, i.e. when 991s are traded in for them?

83 TEP said:
Surely the 992 price effect will take a while to come through, i.e. when 991s are traded in for them?

Yes, but the minute the trade in's hit the market the prices should drop, or at least there will be more choice out there!

It's painful looking for one at the moment, and the prices at the OPC for sub 30k mile cars is shocking.

Hang foul Gilford, there will be feasting on the carcasses of 991 owners to be had yet. You're probably looking at next summer before the bodies start to pile up. Porsche will want to move as much new stock as possible now given they've built 3/5ths of sweet F.A since the early part of the year. No doubt they be taking a hit on buying cars back to move existing owners into new cars. New cars sold is the name of their game.
It's going to be bloodbath.

gilford said:
83 TEP said:

Yes, but the minute the trade in's hit the market the prices should drop, or at least there will be more choice out there!

It's painful looking for one at the moment, and the prices at the OPC for sub 30k mile cars is shocking.

Prices on sub 25k cars are even higher, long may it continue :worship: it's long been recognised that low mile 991' s are actually appreciating in value :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
gilford said:
83 TEP said:

Prices on sub 25k cars are even higher, long may it continue :worship: it's long been recognised that low mile 991' s are actually appreciating in value :thumb:
Jonttt will want these back shortly mate :grin:

Attachments

• f5d987db20148a6cdcb8968e9a7dfd26d690b668v2_hq_179.jpg
    f5d987db20148a6cdcb8968e9a7dfd26d690b668v2_hq_179.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3,583
  • f5d987db20148a6cdcb8968e9a7dfd26d690b668v2_hq_179.jpg
    f5d987db20148a6cdcb8968e9a7dfd26d690b668v2_hq_179.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3,583
FZP said:
Hang foul Gilford, there will be feasting on the carcasses of 991 owners to be had yet. You're probably looking at next summer before the bodies start to pile up. Porsche will want to move as much new stock as possible now given they've built 3/5ths of sweet F.A since the early part of the year. No doubt they be taking a hit on buying cars back to move existing owners into new cars. New cars sold is the name of their game.
It's going to be bloodbath.

No doubt there will be early buying of the old 991 model back to the dealer whilst th3 new prospective 992 owner waits patiently....( or not as the case may be ) for his new order to arrive ( sometime in the future) .....meanwhile OPC's rake it all in (as usual) !

spongebob squarepants said:
it's long been recognised that low mile 991' s are actually appreciating in value :thumb:

Is that using the Jonttt valuation index :floor:

My mate has just been offered £48k trade in against a new £140k Panamera.

It's a 2012 991 C2S PDK Black on Black, nice options, 36k miles.

So if his local OPC is offering him £48k, what will that end up at on the forecourt? They've probably already got someone lined up.

Also, circa £70k was paid for it at 1 year old, being offered £48k 5 years later, so just £4,400 depreciation per year seems excellent

Ridders said:

So if his local OPC is offering him £48k, what will that end up at on the forecourt? They've probably already got someone lined up.

Also, circa £70k was paid for it at 1 year old, being offered £48k 5 years later, so just £4,400 depreciation per year seems excellent
Have you just found your new car?
I reckon they'd stick it on low £60's.

I can't lie, it has crossed my mind, but besides raising circa £50k, I don't think a 991 will fit in my garage.

You're looking at it from the wrong angle. Don't look at as spending £48k, look at it as saving £15k, which you can put towards sorting a new garage :grin:

Ridders said:
I can't lie, it has crossed my mind, but besides raising circa £50k, I don't think a 991 will fit in my garage.

Buy a sledge hammer and some bricks/cement :grin:

:thumb:

Ridders said:

At an OPC that'll be a £59,995 car I reckon.

£4.4k pa depreciation being taken as "excellent" is an interesting view. Compared to the person who took a £25k hit in one year on the same car it definitely is. :)

Certainly compared to other marques it probably stacks up well but many on here are more likely to be in the camp of thinking that if he'd have bought a similar age 997GTS at that time he would have lost an awful lot less.

Horses for courses I suppose.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back