Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Damp patch on garage floor...

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I have been having a drop in coolant recently and checked all the pipes I could see in the arches and around tank, which were all dry.

I moved the car into the garage for the first time this weekend and have gone out this evening and seen a damp patch on the floor, not a huge amount, maybe a 1/4 of a cup. I know it's coolant as I can see a pink drip hanging off a bolt head.

My question is are these pipes easy to replace or is this one of the engine out ones I've heard about.

For reference I took this picture of the Internet with a rough idea of where it's coming from.

Attachments

• 14da7d19_6d8a_4030_a730_cb199ed39634_203.jpeg
    14da7d19_6d8a_4030_a730_cb199ed39634_203.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,295
  • 14da7d19_6d8a_4030_a730_cb199ed39634_203.jpeg
    14da7d19_6d8a_4030_a730_cb199ed39634_203.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,295
Theres a few pipes in that area .. it depends if its the rubber one or the over the engine one .. lets just say i hope its the rubber one .

Need a picture of your actual car / pipes to be sure im afraid .

deMort said:
Theres a few pipes in that area .. it depends if its the rubber one or the over the engine one .. lets just say i hope its the rubber one .

Need a picture of your actual car / pipes to be sure im afraid .

Thanks deMort... can you see fairly easily up there if the panel comes off?

You can on a ramp .. not as easy on the floor but you are looking for either water .. and you dont often see this .. or you look for white crystals .. a crust of white material on a pipe and pink bits .. be it crystals or again a crust.

Modern antifreeze seals small leaks and this is whats left as it trys to seal the leak .

There is a large ally pipe next to the chassis .. this is the over engine pipe so hopefully its not from that.

A member here did a cut and join though so its not always going to be an engine drop if it is that .. i just say what i think though .. good or bad .. but lets face it .. its normally bad .. i am the bearer of bad news im afraid !

Sometimes i feel like the boogy man :(

...Ian the :dancetwist: :dancetwist: :dancetwist: :dancetwist: man...

Many Thanks... going to take it to my village garage and see if I can borrow the ramp and have a look.

I will cross my fingers and hope for a rubber pipe issue, but it is what it is.... the joys and expense of Porsche ownership.

Thanks Boogy Man...what's the rough cost if it is the pipe over the top... ?

A manual engine drop and reinstall is about 8 hrs labour .. for a tip its about 12 hrs labour .. you then have the parts on top and about 1 hour extra to fit the pipe .. im afraid to get an acurate price you need to phone a garage .. i just fix the cars :)

Labour rate varies from garage to garage but we are £85 plus vat per hour .. OPC and we are talking £150 ish plus vat depending on where in the country you are .

Im deep South though .. not the cheapest !

Ouch.... let's hope it's a clip on a rubber hose then :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back