Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Footwell lighted socket

rickprice

Monza
Folks,

I keep seeing reference to a 12v socket in the footwell of the car. Mine has none.

Was this an option, or has mine been deleted or removed?

If I decide to install it, will the wiring be there and is it, therefore straight forward?

Many thanks

Richard

All the ones I have seen have had the power socket there.

Without a grandma and eggs comment..... you are looking in the passenger footwell? It's on the side where your right knee/calf would be if you are sat in the seat. It does have a spring cover cap on it.

I have looked in the footwell and compared to photos on the internet. Nothing in mine.

Will just have to take the panel off and have a dig around.

Thanks

Had a 997.1 3.6 from November 2004 till September 2016 & don't recall seeing one in mine either.

Mines a 2005 997 S and i certainly have one but never use it !! i would contact porsche and complain about this, highly disgusting that they are cutting back fitting 12v sockets to some 997's for the sake of saving a few sheckles... aaaaaaand they are getting away with it... :lol: :lol:

If there isnt one most probably hsve the wiring tucked under the footwell side panel, you cant miss it !! If not there then its easy to wire up if you need one!!

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back