Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bore scouring again!? Please help

TonyC911 said:
RUDDY said:
I've yet to find the dipstick on my 997

It's probably behind the steering wheel...

:grin: :grin:

only if the car is left hand drive, otherwise its in the glove box next to the passenger ejector seat button. :grin: :grin: :grin:

The sale was private. Sorry for the missunderstanding but I was talking about roughly 2k miles after the repair not 2k GBP for it. The car has full service history documentation and its a clean car all around. Its not doing any ticking noices or alot of smoke. First start of the engine in the morning I may get a white smoke puff from the left but thats it. The repair cost 8000 GBP and it was done from Southern Engine Services LTD in London. See attachment of the details for the job. Thanks everybody for your valuable help.

Attachments

• e2d115f9_fb9d_4ed7_9a31_71f3e1f04a31_138.jpeg
    e2d115f9_fb9d_4ed7_9a31_71f3e1f04a31_138.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,267
  • e2d115f9_fb9d_4ed7_9a31_71f3e1f04a31_138.jpeg
    e2d115f9_fb9d_4ed7_9a31_71f3e1f04a31_138.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,267
That doesn't look like a bona fide invoice to me?
Ropery business park? Anchor and Hope?
:hand:

It appears to be a genuine engine reconditioning company .
I stand corrected :eh!:

I'd suggest talking to the engine rebuild company to understand what work was actually carried out. I would imagine that they have probably used a steel liner so it won't be bore scoring as we understand it with these engines. Steel liners may not be the best solution and there are plenty of these engines that have had this repair, but it's not the best solution!

These engines can use a lot of oil, even rebuilt ones!

infrasilver said:
I recognise the name of this place but can't recall why?

Me too...

It's not the one that used to advertise on eBay is it :dont know:

:cop:

TonyC911 said:
RUDDY said:
I've yet to find the dipstick on my 997

It's probably behind the steering wheel...

:grin: :grin:

My comment was a tongue in cheek reply to a previous post after I offered an opinion to the original poster.

Some right clever ***** on here until it comes to fixing 997's

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back