Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alcantara retrim

silvermilnec said:
Spongebob I had mine done at royal and very pleased.

Have you picked up your car or are you having it done before you pick her up?

I only ask as I'm near to redline and have an account with a parcel carrier so could send it for you :thumb: just like to give a bit back to the forum :thumbs:

I gave up in the end, was going to send off, then decided to get it done with their trimmers, but apparently the 991 steering wheel cant be recovered because it damages that particular wheel :roll:
Thanks for the offer though :thumb: I think ill live with it and see, I am airing towards alcantara again :grin: As I have zero patience I may just wait for one to come up for sale then do a swap.

spongebob squarepants said:
As I have zero patience I may just wait for one to come up for sale then do a swap.

:hand: Except you might flog the car before then given your history :grin:

Zingari said:
As I have zero patience I may just wait for one to come up for sale then do a swap.

:hand: Except you might flog the car before then given your history :grin:

Nah this baby's a keeper :grin:

silvermilnec said:

I only ask as I'm near to redline and have an account with a parcel carrier so could send it for you :thumb: just like to give a bit back to the forum :thumbs:

I gave up in the end, was going to send off, then decided to get it done with their trimmers, but apparently the 991 steering wheel cant be recovered because it damages that particular wheel :roll:
Thanks for the offer though :thumb: I think ill live with it and see, I am airing towards alcantara again :grin: As I have zero patience I may just wait for one to come up for sale then do a swap.
no problem I did think I saw one on eBay last night with yellow stitching and 12 o'clock band, is yours manual or pdk can't remember without looking

Can't be retrimmed??

What sort of wheel is it?

Pictures please!

When I got mine done by Royal, I spoke with Jack - he advised taking the trim off the wheel before trimming - costs extra and is really fiddly, but it is the only way to get it right.

I've added a picture of my wheel for reference

Attachments

• wheel2_107.jpg
    wheel2_107.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 4,187
  • wheel2_107.jpg
    wheel2_107.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 4,187
silvermilnec said:
silvermilnec said:

no problem I did think I saw one on eBay last night with yellow stitching and 12 o'clock band, is yours manual or pdk can't remember without looking

PDK, I want as Mikelukes previous page but in yellow :thumb: It's a standard 991 PDK Sports Design wheel (but the special one which can't be retrimmed :grin:)

So, you'll be giving Jack a call now, will you?

I decided to go for leather in the end (rather than alcantara) - Missus was not too keen on it and the advice from the local indy was that leather lasts longer without too much upkeep.

Mike

PS - In the words of Jim Royle... can't be retrimmed, my ar$e! !

:floor:

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Phil 997 said:
I am with Jonitt on Alcantara , when you clean it it comes up like new, feels great with a better grip than leather . at minimum if you can't bring yourself to go with Alcantara at least consider the 12 o'clock in yellow Alcantara. :thumb: :thumb:

Alcantara = mole skin, Euughh!!

Chris. Alcantara i= vegan suede. , Yum :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back