Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What''s my 997 worth trade in

Unfortunately I don't have over 2 grand for the 2 year OPC warranty. That's what the last invoice in the pack shows, it's probably more now and it's in the last year I could actually take it out.
Money is tight. I know that would be peace of mind to a certain extent but it wouldn't have covered me for the exhaust issues.
There are a few advisables on the MOT that I would have to have repaired in the next year before the service is due next December 2019 so all I'm seeing is money. I would like to keep the OPC service history going if I keep the car but to be honest it's not done the car or it's value many favours looking at the price...
I'm just on a bit of a downer with the car at them moment things may change but I'll make a decision next week when the exhaust is sorted and the mot passed. Fingers crossed.......

There is always Hartech that you could talk to, they do a very good maintenance scheme.

I'm getting the sense that either your purchase was perhaps hasty?

I'm getting vibes that you probably wanted a manual car? Also is the maintenance costs what's you expected? I know my parents were warning me of tyres / service costs when I purchased but I knew those costs and accepted it. a basic service is easily done myself.

I'm shocked if you're planning to sell <20K tbh. Good luck with selling if you do.

It wasn't a hasty decision but in hindsight I should have got the car professionally inspected, even though it had a Porsche warranty on it, before I made my decision. I did buy it private but thought I was safe with full opc service history and warranty.
I expected to get more than 6 months without at least 3 problems arising and driving less than 1k, a little off putting with probably a bill over £1k.

Like I say I'm on a downer about it tonight, may be in a better mood tomorrow....

Grooster said:
Unfortunately I don't have over 2 grand for the 2 year OPC warranty. That's what the last invoice in the pack shows, it's probably more now and it's in the last year I could actually take it out.

111 point check is £216 inc. VAT
Warranty is £1,020 for 12 months or £1,840 for 24 months

If I remember correctly they extended the period you can extend to 15 years old or 125k miles.

Hello OP, I rarely post on here, rather I lurk and live vicariously. Anyway, I felt your pain, hence my post. I unloaded my 996 18 months ago (how I wish I still had it.....). Still, the point of my post is to suggest that you compare Evans Halshaw against WBAC. They offered (and paid me) c£2.5k more than WBAC. It made all the difference. Good luck.

I take it the 111 point check is very thorough. I feel, knowing my luck it would throw up a few more issues that I would need sorting out before I could take the warranty out.
The Indy garage I took it too said there were things they couldn't believe OPC hadn't spotted last time it was in for a warranty issue in August.
Does anybody know if they do bore score checks on the 111 point check. Not that I think I have issues but it would be good to know. I worry with the mileage and truthfully if they do check, I would be absolutely gutted if I was to have this issue as well.

The 111 point check has been discussed recently and the content was merged with an old thread. Scroll to the last few posts on this thread to see.

Click here ==> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=40854&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=111

Any parts that have broken would be covered by your existing warranty. Any wear and tear items won't be covered. Whatever, they would now all need to be fixed before you'd be able to renew the warranty. A borescope is not done as part of the 111 point check.

Biting the bullet and paying out the £216 for a 111 point check might be your best option. Any canny buyer would get that done anyway so it's better that you know the answers before they ask the questions. You never know it might pass which would add value to your asking price. Alternatively you might just decide to hang on to the car knowing it's had a recent clean bill of health.

Obviously if it fails you'd be £216 worse off and will probably still want to get rid but at least you'd have a better idea of the 'cost avoidance' that taking a low offer might balance out.

I really hope you didn't pay over the odds a year ago.

Good Luck

So you're prepared to take a bath when selling the car to avoid spending £1000 on a warranty or some repairs? How much do you think you stand to lose?

You bought a 10 year old car with over 100,000 miles on it and expected to not spend anything during your ownership? Any car of this age and mileage will need cash spending, not just a 911.

I get that if you have driven it less than 1000 miles it might be an unnecessary extravagance to own a 911 and you might better invest your cash somewhere else. Selling a car like this with a long list of MOT advisories will result in a comparatively low sale price I would think.

T8 said:
Any parts that have broken would be covered by your existing warranty. Any wear and tear items won't be covered. Whatever, they would now all need to be fixed before you'd be able to renew the warranty. A borescope is not done as part of the 111 point check.

Biting the bullet and paying out the £216 for a 111 point check might be your best option. Any canny buyer would get that done anyway so it's better that you know the answers before they ask the questions. You never know it might pass which would add value to your asking price. Alternatively you might just decide to hang on to the car knowing it's had a recent clean bill of health

:agree:

My car has had lots of £££'s work done under OPC warranty, including an engine rebuild and recently a new steering rack.

Having the 111 point inspection does not commit you taking out a warranty, but it could save you a few ££'s on repairs that are currently covered. As mentioned above, at least you will know how bad or good things really are.

My advice, don't make any hasty decisions that you might regret! Hopefully it will work out well for you and you can enjoy the driving experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back