Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 ,2003, C4S

noel993

Silverstone
Thinking about selling my 2003 996 C4S convertible, 80,300 miles, black on black manual sports seats PSE sat nav aluminium pack full service, just had major service, has anyone ideas of what price I should ask for it, thanks Noel

I'll stick my neck out and say £21k (Convertibles are worth less than the equivalent coupes). However it depends heavily on condition, which you need to be really honest with yourself and others about. Services are great, but are the brake pipes corroded? Is the gearbox totally silent? Has the engine been borescoped recently? Are the manifold bolts a rusty mess? Are the suspension adjusters seized?

If all that stuff is good then it may well be worth more. If it's not then it would be less.

All brake pipes have been replaced back one's only last week when serviced, gear box a dream never been horoscope only thing wrong is slight leak on front damper but unite nineleven John said last week it's no big problem yet, cost me a grand last week for a major service and I supplied all parts and oil, but he replaced other parts

I was thinking more around £23k at a quick guesstimate this morning. Manual C4S cabs aren't easy to come by, especially with sports seats and PSE in the right colour too.

In fact, make that £26k :thumb:

£26k ...not a chance!

Two minutes ago on this forum a 2008 997 with a little over 108k miles was valued by members at £15k?

Confused.com

GMG said:
£26k ...not a chance!

Two minutes ago on this forum a 2008 997 with a little over 108k miles was valued by members at £15k?

Confused.com

But that one had never had it's horoscope read :dont know:

:grin:

...ok, I will read it's Horoscope; it was dramatically under valued and this one significantly over valued...

Just call me Russell Grant :thumb: [/list]

Cheers everyone for your advice, I was thinking more of £2300 but the guy who said ,£26,000 like that even better, need to clean it and take some pics, thanks

£18k if it needs stuff, which I know you say it doesn't. :thumb:

So in that case £21k-£22k. There's no way you'll get £26k for a private sale this time of year.

Suspension refresh for springs, dampers and any worn arms etc is at least £1500 for basic replacement stuff, if you do it yourself. If not it's way more. People will be accounting for that at 80k, even more so with a leaky damper.

Then you have rads, AOS, waterpump, air con pipes, tyres, brakes including disc and caliper condition, both functionality wise and cosmetically.
Body wise, stonechips, anything like that.

I'm not saying yours needs them but it's what will be on most people's checklists.

Sounds like a lovely car though. I prefer RWD coupe 911s but a 996 C4S with PSE is a nice thing.

Had new disc's and pads all round ,water pump about 1000 miles ago, spent £2000 having bonnet Pu front wings and wheel arches respray , spent at least £10,000 in the 4 years I've had it, the only thing I've not bothered with air con stopped working about 18 month's ago , but it's a convertible so don't need it, all new brake lines power steering pipes the list goes on

I'd be screwed without aircon in my cab. Summer's fine but winter can be horrendous with condensation. Mines on full time over winter.

The only car I have no aircon in is my R107 300SL. I just put the blower on full blast in the winter and it clears the screen.

It isn't that it doesn't work. It doesn't have it. If it didn't work I would fix it..

MC

Hi, I'm saying it doesn't work but I put it on like you to clear the condensation, so it might work,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back