Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential new owner, potentially mad

FZP said:
I really should read my posts before hitting the submit button. Relish the thought :roll:
English is my first language in case you were wondering.

I just figured you were practicing for next weekend. :cheers:

I bought a 2001 C4 on 195k miles with M030, hardback seats and aerokit for a little over £9k about a year ago. That had had an engine change at around 170k miles. Expect to spend money at that age and mileage.

MC

That is a £7-8k car for somebody who likes to tinker.

MC

Hi Luano - My Indy has serviced it for a long time so I've seen it once or twice when I've been there. I'm guessing that's who you rang about it. Up in Teesside.

:thumb:

Marky it is who I rang 👍 very knowledgeable guy by all accounts....

If it was 7-8k I'd go for it no doubt, I don't mind the mileage if the price suits the condition, and very happy to tinker, something at that cost would be ideal, wouldn't mind tinkering and spending where necessary to get it how I would like one....

ragpicker said:
Marky911 said:
I've a feeling it's this car -

That is one absolutely fabulous looking black turbo just behind it!! 8)

Isn't it just. If the seller of the silver car sees though he'll add another grand on. "Has shared garage space with forum royalty". :D

Luano, yep any working 911 has to be worth £9k. :thumb:
I paid £13k for a non aerokitted car (only 75k miles though) then proceeded to do everything that the silver car would need anyway. Plus £2k for used aerokit and the hassle of doing it all.
You could say the silver car is a better buy if you're going to do it all anyway.

Only thing I'm banking on is the engine lasting a while before it needs major work.

Good luck with the search. :thumb:

ragpicker said:
That is one absolutely fabulous looking black turbo just behind it!! 8)

If only it was for sale :dont know:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back