Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice 4S sold by JZM

NIBrown

Lovely looking car just sold by JZM with the perfect mileage, looks like there is still a market for good low mileage cars :thumb:

Attachments

• 993_730.jpg
    993_730.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 3,498
  • 993_730.jpg
    993_730.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 3,498
.....wrong boot lid for a 4S ...... :nooo: ...... which by the way I prefer ...... :)

Reads like a well maintained car and recent window out full re-paint is a big bonus. Black interior sells it for me... so much nicer than the blue which is seen in lots of Silver 993's.

C.

Another museum piece :roll:

Sub 40 bags 993 are good cars but at this price there are a lot better cars that deliver more. Ok prices might not be as 'stable' regarding residuals but at least you won't be shaking like a shitting dog every time you take it out or it rains :grin:

Moody blue interior on some :floor:

Zingari said:

Sub 40 bags 993 are good cars

Are you saying 40 bags is the new 25 bags? :lol:

jhrfc said:
Zingari said:

Sub 40 bags 993 are good cars

Are you saying 40 bags is the new 25 bags? :lol:

Looks like the lower end of the market has crept up :thumb: :grin:

Without the upper end of the market museum pieces, things wouldn't be as stable from there down for the more usable cars, so can't be a bad thing in my opinion :dont know:

Have made this point before but will do again...

If you have £80kish to spend on a car of your dreams you have a few choices but primarily...

1) Something new that will devalue spectacularly and is probably too fast to ever give more than 3 seconds of WOT on a public road. It will probably have flappy paddles and horrible electric steering

2) A modern classic that will drive well, be reliable (to a varying degree) and plenty fast enough and if you choose wisely will lose or even gain a little value. Good examples being - 997 Turbo S, 993 C2S/C4S, F430, F355 etc etc etc. Loads of fun, little depreciation. You could also buy two excellent cars for this cash, e.g. 996 C4S and a M3 CSL etc etc. Dynamically you will likely be actually driving these cars rather than operating thousands of computers. I took great pleasure in driving away from some light flashing tool in a SVR RR Sport the other day on one of my favorite backroads and I would rate myself a 7/10 driver at best,

2) An actual classic that is a deathtrap and will break down all the time

The idea that everyone buying one of these cars isn't going to drive them is simply not true especially with air cooled Porsche where mileage is not that relevant. Loads of people on here modding and enoying these cars properly as well as some tucking them up as investments but these tend to be people who bought when they were much cheaper which is understandable. I have no illusions that mine might not go up in price, it might go down and I will never get £s back on the mods I have made. All fine with me :bandit:

nickjonesn4 said:

If you have £80kish to spend on a car of your dreams you have a few choices but primarily...

1) Something new that will devalue spectacularly and is probably too fast to ever give more than 3 seconds of WOT on a public road. It will probably have flappy paddles and horrible electric steering

2) A modern classic that will drive well, be reliable (to a varying degree) and plenty fast enough and if you choose wisely will lose or even gain a little value. Good examples being - 997 Turbo S, 993 C2S/C4S, F430, F355 etc etc etc. Loads of fun, little depreciation. You could also buy two excellent cars for this cash, e.g. 996 C4S and a M3 CSL etc etc. Dynamically you will likely be actually driving these cars rather than operating thousands of computers. I took great pleasure in driving away from some light flashing tool in a SVR RR Sport the other day on one of my favorite backroads and I would rate myself a 7/10 driver at best,

The idea that everyone buying one of these cars isn't going to drive them is simply not true especially with air cooled Porsche where mileage is not that relevant. Loads of people on here modding and enoying these cars properly as well as some tucking them up as investments but these tend to be people who bought when they were much cheaper which is understandable. I have no illusions that mine might not go up in price, it might go down and I will never get £s back on the mods I have made. All fine with me :bandit:

When did mileage start to not impact 993 prices? Everything I see and read suggests that over 100k makes them MUCH less desirable. I don't agree that it should matter as long as it has good service history but I think it does.

Good points other than that

I continue to be amazed that being an S makes the massive price differential which it clearly does. Just what is so special about an S that makes the difference in price over a NB 993?. Don't get it myself.

^^^^^^ From a drivers perspective the NB is King and I've done plenty of hard miles in both. The NB is more nimble & turns in sharper IMO. Probably why the 993RS & Cup cars were based on the NB also.

Premium for the WB is down to fewer build numbers and poseurs liking the big booty look. :grin:

C.

993 S (two or four)

My ideal Porsche.

Sigh.

Albionmuz said:
nickjonesn4 said:

When did mileage start to not impact 993 prices? Everything I see and read suggests that over 100k makes them MUCH less desirable. I don't agree that it should matter as long as it has good service history but I think it does.

Good points other than that

I continue to be amazed that being an S makes the massive price differential which it clearly does. Just what is so special about an S that makes the difference in price over a NB 993?. Don't get it myself.

Lowrer build numbers and its a much better looking car IMO. All subjective of course

Very low mileage gets a premium from collectors. Apart from that it will continue to matter less and less as with the older air cooled cars especially as more and more have engine rebuilds and restorations. This will be more true for the limited numbers cars than for the NBs. Take a look at the classifieds on any of the older models to see what I mean.

nickjonesn4 said:
"and its a much better looking car IMO"

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

nickjonesn4 said:

Word mother *****. Man speak truth.

Agree with most of that. Although I did buy mine mostly because I love the WB look. Does drive and go pretty well now too thanks to the efforts of Center Gravity and Tech 9.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back