Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shifting not as crisp as I'd like.

Grey996

Nurburgring
As above really, especially the lower gears at slower speeds. It will go into gear but it does take a bit of persuasion especially first and up to second and it's not the reassuring clunk of the upper gears. I'm hoping it maybe adjustment in the cables but can anyone advise? I had a look at them at the gearbox end and there doesn't seem excessive play and they're cable tied in place. When I swapped the shifter I marked the cables and fitted them in the same position.

Other relevant work I've done to rule out is new clutch, 997 shifter, engine mounts, gearbox mount inserts.

Thanks

I've found the alignment tool which I've ordered so I'll give that a try.

I've found the alignment tool which I've ordered so I'll give that a try.

I doubt that is the issue. If the movement at the lever end is not the limiting factor then the setup is OK.

MC

Sounds like selector rail inside your gearbox or some other gearbox issue like worn synchros.

I wouldn't be happy with my change either. It's got some sort of quick shift but I find it a bit woolly. My clutch is a bit on the long side so I'll not panic about it until I've a new clutch but I'm in no hurry for that either. Is there any real adjustment to be had?
Sorry to hijack your thread. It's I'm possibly looking at the same problem you are

Could it be engine mounts?

When was the last time the oil was changed?

Always removed the filler plug first to ensure it comes out!

I hope it's not the actual gear box 🤞

Engine mounts swapped at the weekend, there's a definite improvement along with the gearbox mount inserts.

Not sure when the oil was last changed, i'll check.

Ta

I just supply the modified SSK for you to fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back