Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lamborghini LP610-4 Spider - why would you?

RJW1881

I've just spent a week in Dubai with a group of friends driving. I have always fancied a Lamborghini one day so hired a 2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spider (I think they need to shorten the name!!). Anyway the car performed faultlessly and was pretty much an even match in all areas to my Turbo on paper, with the exception of practically. The driving experience was very different as the engine needed to be redlined to perform and the twin clutch box was lightening fast, neither of these items I preferred to the low down torque or manual box in my turbo. The 4wd, ceramic breaks, suspension balance and cornering/ straight line speed were almost identical.

Whilst I had an amazing time and would highly recommend driving the Jebel Jas road, it's the best I've ever driven!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....el-jais-mountain-road-ras-al-khaimah-1.122838

I'm now home just thinking how I could ever justify spending 4 times more than the turbo's value to get something that is only just an equal? Just goes to show how amazing theses turbo's are even at 11 years old. With a few performance encancements and regular maintenance they are a match for the modern supercar crop at a fraction of the cost.

Attachments

• 310b743d_895a_4823_8155_9d33ec6cd978_151.jpeg
    310b743d_895a_4823_8155_9d33ec6cd978_151.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 9,823
  • 310b743d_895a_4823_8155_9d33ec6cd978_151.jpeg
    310b743d_895a_4823_8155_9d33ec6cd978_151.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 9,823
  • b75d73bd_5e81_4ea4_bb8e_8e4cb6a92958_538.jpeg
    b75d73bd_5e81_4ea4_bb8e_8e4cb6a92958_538.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9,823
  • b75d73bd_5e81_4ea4_bb8e_8e4cb6a92958_538.jpeg
    b75d73bd_5e81_4ea4_bb8e_8e4cb6a92958_538.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9,823
  • 56947ed6_3abe_447d_ba07_3c7df9256d5b_623.jpeg
    56947ed6_3abe_447d_ba07_3c7df9256d5b_623.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9,823
  • 56947ed6_3abe_447d_ba07_3c7df9256d5b_623.jpeg
    56947ed6_3abe_447d_ba07_3c7df9256d5b_623.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9,823
Oh yeah, and Dubai has got to be the only place on earth where a double vodka, soda & lime costs more than a tank of super unleaded! Crazy!!!

That's what I like about the Porsche marque, less showy than your 'Italian' counterparts, insane performance that's happy to be used everyday.

None of this engine out business, after you took in a few road trips.

I took an AMG GTS for a test drive when thry first csme out and had a similar experience on 2 fronts. Why would I pay triple my car for a car that isn't that much more performance, or double a C63S AMG for the same performance.

:eek:

What an amazing picture :worship:

The one with all the cars, not your big smug grin :grin:

:thumb:

RJW1881 said:
Oh yeah, and Dubai has got to be the only place on earth where a double vodka, soda & lime costs more than a tank of super unleaded! Crazy!!!

Been a few times with work when all the food and booze laid on. I thought to myself 'this place is great, I'll have to bring the Mrs on holiday' Which I did.... never again. I like a few glasses of red or a beer on my holidays. The price of booze out there was ridiculous. I was left very underwhelmed by the place in general. It even fekkin rained for 3 days. :eh!:

Here's the 2 I had back in 2013 and 2015....

Bu3smXG.jpg

zFLioED.jpg

Both great cars and did 25k miles across the two in 3 years....

Norfolk & Idea said:
RJW1881 said:

Been a few times with work when all the food and booze laid on. I thought to myself 'this place is great, I'll have to bring the Mrs on holiday' Which I did.... never again. I like a few glasses of red or a beer on my holidays. The price of booze out there was ridiculous. I was left very underwhelmed by the place in general. It even fekkin rained for 3 days. :eh!:

:hand: you get two taxi to take you from the airport when you arrive, one for you and the second for the booze from the Duty Free shop :grin:

Norfolk & Idea said:
RJW1881 said:

Ah Dubai the most false place on earth where nothing is actually as it seems :nooo:

'Why would you ? ' ..simples, cos they sound and look amazing...unfortunately they don't come in tall fat bloke size so I don't fit :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost for hire? Looking at options/ideas for places to go as hiring on trips is becoming viable vs owning in the UK...

You can't beat the Italians for theatre. If it isn't to be used as a daily then there wouldn't be many 911s I'd choose over a Huracan. Some generation of RS maybe.

My mate has a Performante. Awesome. His 458 is a better tourer but it's the Perf coming on our roadtrip. He says the seats are like torture devices though.
His wife is flying to Nice rather than travel in the car. She'll be doing the rest of the trip from there though, Red Rock road, Stelvio etc.
Much as I love the Perf I think he should probably take the 458 really, but hey, it's not my back and ar$e getting pummelled for 3 weeks. :grin:

Great pics in your post mind. A Lambo Spyder up Jebel Jais must have been nirvana and it's a great memory to have. You always remember those special drives. :thumb:

I have a 997 Turbo and a LP560, both manual cars of similar age. The Turbo is an amazing car but next to the LP560 it seems almost a sensible choice. The Turbo delivers all the performance without any fuss, where as the Lambo provides the thrills and awesome noise!

Marky911 said:
My mate has a Performante. Awesome. His 458 is a better tourer but it's the Perf coming on our roadtrip. He says the seats are like torture devices though.

I did a few Pax laps around Portimao in Chimps new Perf, the Sports seats are solid but I hear are also must have's, I wouldn't like to spend too much time in them, pile cushion required I think?

Haha, too right. :D
Mind you, I'd happily sit on a pile of building bricks in a one if it meant I got to drive one through the Alps. :grin:

It must be good on track is it. My mate is itching to take his on. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
It must be good on track is it. My mate is itching to take his on. :thumb:

Considering it was his first track day it did a great job of keeping up and overtaking some of the regular track dayers, it was an assault on the senses in the passenger seat.

We also drove a few Perf's at Millbrook and again the sports seats were surprisingly hard I noticed. The performance is mind boggling though, on the mile straight from a stand still I topped 180mph

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back