Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rob's Carrera 2 - soon to be for sale...

Thanks for the comments guys.
Spent 3.5 hours cleaning it this morning!
Took all the wheels off and cleaned the residue off from old wheel weights (looked awful and a total pain to remove) then applied some sealent to the inside of the wheels.
I tried the 15mm spacers at the rear but I think they did look a little aggressive so went with some 7mm ones I had instead - these are fine.
I might get some 5mm ones for the fronts although the inset is far less acute than the rears were.
I will post some pics when I get to the PC.

P.S. The black wheels aren't mine, that was another post.

Ha! Sorry Rob, it looks like your car. I should pay more attention :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

My fault, wasn't intended to be a thread-bomb, didn't realise the pics would be so huge either, only posted them to show the effect of 5mm spacers on those wheels :oops:

MJA911 said:
My fault, wasn't intended to be a thread-bomb, didn't realise the pics would be so huge either, only posted them to show the effect of 5mm spacers on those wheels :oops:

No worries - this is a car forum after all - it's supposed to be about "show and tell" right??

Nice looking car(S) in silver ,both of you ....

I think GT S ilver really shows up the beautiful lines of a 911 no matter which iteration .....nearly bought a 997 Turbo in GT a few years ago ( which I should have ..)
In the UK light the curves just bend the light spectacularly .....it's not the same in other countries !!

Looking good .....great buy .....

Spent some quality time giving the car a good clean yesterday - about 3 hours in total!
I took all the wheels off, removed the horrible old sticky strips from the old wheel weights, cleaned all the other muck etc and then gave them a coat of FK1000 to seal them a bit against further dirt etc.

I also played around with some spacers on the rear - trying 155mm and 7mm. 15mm i thought were a little aggressive, so i went with the 7mm ones. I will probably get some 5mm ones for the front.

Then washed and waxed it.

Attachments

• rear_spacers_761.jpg
    rear_spacers_761.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 3,886
  • rear_spacers_761.jpg
    rear_spacers_761.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 3,886
  • 7mm_spacer_395.jpg
    7mm_spacer_395.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,886
  • 7mm_spacer_395.jpg
    7mm_spacer_395.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,886
  • 15mm_spacer_764.jpg
    15mm_spacer_764.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,886
  • 15mm_spacer_764.jpg
    15mm_spacer_764.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,886
  • no_spacer_633.jpg
    no_spacer_633.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3,886
  • no_spacer_633.jpg
    no_spacer_633.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3,886
  • clean_wheel_175.jpg
    clean_wheel_175.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 3,886
  • clean_wheel_175.jpg
    clean_wheel_175.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 3,886
  • dirty_wheel_405.jpg
    dirty_wheel_405.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 3,886
  • dirty_wheel_405.jpg
    dirty_wheel_405.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 3,886
Couldn't you get one in yellow :dont know: :grin:

Actually the GT silver really suits the 991, you just need to get those alloys bad boy blacked now :?: :worship: :thumb:

Well done lovely car that

Thanks. The wheels are in quite good shape so not sure about a refurb just yet.
I am not a massive fan of black but I do think a dark grey/charcoal against the silver would look really nice.

Car is just waiting for a fresh MOT and then I am planning to put this up for sale.
It's a good car - no issues over the last year.
If anyone on here is in the market for something similar please feel free to pm me.
Enthusiast owner and long time forum member - any inspection welcome.

I am thinking £43k.

Decided I can't bring myself to sell my 997 and I can't justify two 911s long term!

what a lovely car, colour and combo. congrats and well done.

black wheels look superb.

Now sold. Great car, year of trouble free motoring.

Can't quite bring myself to part with my 997 and difficult to justify why I need 2x 911s so this one had to go.

rob_p said:
Now sold. Great car, year of trouble free motoring.

Can't quite bring myself to part with my 997 and difficult to justify why I need 2x 911s so this one had to go.

Did look a great example in the silver , interesting that you kept hold of the 997 , would be a good read if you posted a separate thread on your ownership comparisons & reasonings
Jmo but through no fault of its own the 991 could well end up squeezed from both sides once the 992 gets a few years old & becomes more "affordable" on the used market .
997 owners reluctant to part with big sum's to get into a 991 but happy to go a bit more for the 992 :dont know: its a good while off for myself but already i could see that scenario .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back