Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TechArt suspension and lift kit... alternatives?

isysman

Hi Chaps,

Any of you who have followed my thread on my GT2RS build will know that I'm looking to do the suspension when home in July. I just got some numbers back from Tech 9 and the parts have gone up quite significantly since i originally got quotes last year.

So I was planning to get the TechArt coilover kit which is the Bilstein Damptronics kit with their own valving fitted. And their own hydraulic front axle lift kit.

The price I have been given for the kit today is 7,000 GBP! Apparently the lift kit is 3,400 GBP alone. Tech9 have given me a good quote which means having it fitted and set up would be around that figure of 7k GBP including VAT.

So I'm wondering before I commit does anyone have any ideas about alternatives or maybe you know somewhere where they are selling it for less. I'm going to be in the US for a couple of months so I can maybe buy it there. I want to retain the PASM button as I want to keep the car stock looking/acting.

What do you think about the price?

Lift kit

how do you print screencertificity.com

Thanks, I have seen this system, there were a few comparisons made between the two systems when the TechArt system came out. I understand the CG systems takes a lot longer to lift the car.

If this (TechArt) is my best option I'll do it, I just want to make sure there's not going to be a 'oh you should have looked at this...' after it's fitted.

I had the Techart system fitted to my 997 4S by Tech 9 about 7 years a go. I had all four corners replaced as it would not work on my car otherwise. I paid about 6.5 k at the time. You may only be getting the front two done? Makes the car usable for me due to ferries, but also ramps/speed bumps are not a problem.

Looked at airlift systems which were cheaper , but decided for the long term thought this system would be better.

Ken White said:
I had the Techart system fitted to my 997 4S by Tech 9 about 7 years a go. I had all four corners replaced as it would not work on my car otherwise. I paid about 6.5 k at the time. You may only be getting the front two done? Makes the car usable for me due to ferries, but also ramps/speed bumps are not a problem.

Looked at airlift systems which were cheaper , but decided for the long term thought this system would be better.

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm getting a full coilover kit plus the axle lift done.

Then it sounds pretty good price wise. Not had any issues with mine, but then I don't do big mileage etc.

I've no idea of the cost but I remember seeing that kw also did a lift kit
Called the HLS
Actually think it was a gt2rs I saw it demo'd on in a video
Worth a look before you pull the trigger on the tech art kit :thumb:

KW has recently made a kit that works with the OE PASM button, the dampers will plug into the factory PASM wiring, they could not source the connectors from Porsche so the brought the machinery and tooling to mould them themselves. The kit can have have lift on just front or front and rear axles. Richard at KW UK has the first kit fitted to his own 997 turbo and I sure he would demo it to you, it was fitted to his car when it was on display and the Festival of Speed last summer.

isysman said:
Ken White said:

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm getting a full coilover kit plus the axle lift done.

Hi
Did you get the front lift system fitted.
I've been thinking about this myself and would appreciate your thoughts/comments.
Thanks
Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back