Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted : DSC Controller

keendean

As above, PM if you are thinking of selling at one point. Thanks

up up and away- anyone? No dodgy new users pretending to sell, and offering an email address to send cash to either :cop:

Have you spoken to Ken @9e? I am sure he can get you one at a good price especially with the Black Friday sales just around the corner.

FYI

Got an email from DSC saying they had 10% off now for Black Friday sales.

Good luck...it is a fantastic upgrade!

People that have them just don't want to part with them unless they are leaving the Porsche brand altogether.
It is by far the best money you can spend on your car, it's a massive improvement.

Thanks, the 10% off is a good deal. $1071 today. Offer ends Monday.

I just need to see if my boss, may possibly bring it over with him on his next trip :)

keendean said:
Thanks, the 10% off is a good deal. $1071 today. Offer ends Monday.

I just need to see if my boss, may possibly bring it over with him on his next trip :)

Did you read apollokre1ds suggestion ?

apollokre1d said:
Have you spoken to Ken @9e? I am sure he can get you one at a good price especially with the Black Friday sales just around the corner.

9e are based in UK and can supply the DSC controller ..

Pickse said:
In fact Ken posted this link on Instagram a few days back.
http://www.nineexcellence.com/service/porsche-special-offers/dsc-special5.html

Seems there is a Black Friday deal to be had....

I've found one second hand, its taken from a 997.2 Turbo, mine is a Gen 1. Is this OK? I've mailed DSC too for when they open too.

They go for strong money second hand, considering new they are a grand. Any money saved goes towards its alignment.

If you have a Gen 1 Turbo and then change to a Gen 2 as I did then it's a straight swap. You can tweek the unit but I think most people don't they just leave them as they get them.
you'll be amazed at the ride quality with it fitted.

Does the Gen 1 Turbo also need the extra sensor? The other Gen 1 cars seem to lack the accelerometer.

Magic919 said:
Does the Gen 1 Turbo also need the extra sensor? The other Gen 1 cars seem to lack the accelerometer.

No the Gen1 Turbo doesn't need the accelerometer that Carreras do. I believe it's because it already has the requisite PASM as standard.

Both turbo's have the sensor, so as mentioned they're both compatible. Literally 5 mins to fit, just remember to turn off your ignition completely before disconnecting the DSC unit.

Just to edit and for an FYI.

When I asked DSC moving from a 997.2 to a 997.1 Turbo, I assumed the car I was moving from would be taken as a Turbo, but my fault for not being specific enough.

So.

You can install a DSC from a 997.2 Turbo in to a 997.1 Turbo as both are equipped with an OEM acclerometer G-Force sensor. So inter changeable.

Moving from a 997.2 Turbo or a 997.1 Turbo DSC module, to a non Turbo car will need a flash at DSC. This is what I have been told, of course do your own research etc....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back