Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sport design steering wheel

jaw62

any info/costs on replacing my 997.2 steering wheel which has PDK buttons and other functions for the sport design with paddles.

Very easy swap, try a few OPCs for prices or Design 911 have them for £750 plus vat minus 15% Black Friday discount this week . you can use the same airbag and steering control module it should be plug and play if your current wheel has MF the sport design dont come with MF but you won't need to get any settings changed at the OPC . as a note Dont as anyone for a 997.2 sport wheel as they will tell you they are on back order.But they will never come back into stock as the part number was superseded by the 991 part number so thats what you need as its the same thing.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...rsche-991--911----981-Boxster---981-Cayman_2/

Quite a few on ebay with paddles which is frustrating as I want one without.

I think it's a straight swap on a 997.2, and needs the adapter kit from GPS Adapter only if your new wheel is from a 991 AND has multi function.

moonigan said:
Quite a few on ebay with paddles which is frustrating as I want one without.

I seem unable to find any ... would you mind sharing the link to one or two? Thanks

Here's the 997.2 DIY video I followed when swapping my steering wheel:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdrahALao1E

Watch it thoroughly, paying particular attention to the steps at the 2m08s and 5m08s marks.

One of the easiest DIY jobs you can do.

Karl.

Thanks all.

So 991.1's steering wheel will definitely fit 997.2?

Has anyone tried fitting Panamera's one?

318touring said:
Thanks all.

providing its the same type it will fit, the adaptors some are talking about are only needed if your changing to the new 991.2 steering wheel with the MF control knob on the side and the domed type airbag . I fitted a 991.1 sport wheel to my 997.2 straight swap. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2060_228.jpg
    img_2060_228.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,684
  • img_2060_228.jpg
    img_2060_228.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,684
Phil 997 said:
318touring said:
Thanks all.

providing its the same type it will fit, the adaptors some are talking about are only needed if your changing to the new 991.2 steering wheel with the MF control knob on the side and the domed type airbag . I fitted a 991.1 sport wheel to my 997.2 straight swap. :thumb:

Yup, that's what I thought. I'm not going to 991.2 as it'll be too hard and expensive just for this kind of thing. Thanks

Iff interested i have a 2015 991.1 in used but mint condition multifunctional steering wheel for PDK inclusive Airbag, 850.-Euro excl. shipping
I asked Paul from GPS Adapter and he told me you don't need a new adapter, only Multifunctional option needs to be activated if your origional 997.2 don't have a MF steering wheel.
Stefan

Attachments

• 1_882.jpg
    1_882.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,542
  • 1_882.jpg
    1_882.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,542
wing said:
Iff interested i have a 2015 991.1 in used but mint condition multifunctional steering wheel for PDK inclusive Airbag, 850.-Euro excl. shipping
I asked Paul from GPS Adapter and he told me you don't need a new adapter, only Multifunctional option needs to be activated if your origional 997.2 don't have a MF steering wheel.
Stefan

OP will be swapping to get rid of the hideous buttons! :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back