Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 981 Boxster mod thread

Your car isn't up at R&R is it?

FZP said:

No it's at Porsche Wilmslow. I'm supposed to be taking my 911 to R&R today.

isysman said:
FZP said:

My car is at R&R now, just waiting for them to QC it before sending back to Wilmslow. Have a sniff around when you get there and have a look at the bonnet and tell me what you think

FZP said:
isysman said:
FZP said:

My car is at R&R now, just waiting for them to QC it before sending back to Wilmslow. Have a sniff around when you get there and have a look at the bonnet and tell me what you think

I won't be able to make it today. If it's there tomorrow I'll try to sneak a peek.

So it's a little late I know but I made a sort of collection video of my new Boxster. Sort of because I bought it private but I filmed it at Wilmslow Porsche.

Nice one :thumb:

:thumb:

its-a-yes-from-me.jpg

I thought I'd write a bit of an update seeing as it's been a while.

Well when I bought the car I changed the name of this thread to 'Mod thread' as I expected to start modifying the car to get the car looking like it's got my personal preferences on it. However things have not started out that way, well not the way I wanted things to proceed.

After just four days of ownership I was involved in a minor accident whist reversing into a parking spot. The rear bumper sustained damage as did my pride. It's the first accident I have been involved in since 1998. After a few weeks of dealing with my Insurance I was able to finally get the car repaired. In fact I only got the car back the day before I was due to leave to return to work in Monaco.

Damage after accident

I did take the opportunity to have a modification to the car whilst it was receiving it's new bumper form the Insurance company however. I fitted the GTS rear diffuser which looks very nice. But not the way I wanted to start the modification process. All the work was carried out at Road & race who did a great job.

Orignal diffuser

After new bumper and GTS diffuser fitted (also you can see the new shiny tailpipes!

One mod I did have done (without incident dictating) was fitting of the sports exhaust. I had this completed at Wilmslow Porsche and the car now sounds epic. I have to say it's one of the best sounding exhaust notes in the Porsche range in my humble opinion. I will make a video fo this mod soon so you can hear the improved sound.

One thing to note if you are planning this mod is that the sound increases from standard when the exhaust is on or off. It's not a case of just adding the ability of a louder sound on tap, but they reduced the soundproofing in the rear silencer to allow for the sports sound. So this will have an impact even if you don't want the added noise the system offers.

When I ordered the parts through Wilmslow I order the system without tailpipes as I already had a decent twin tailpipe on my car. This reduced the cost by £400. The cost of the system fitted came to £1900. However there was a mix up in ordering and they ordered the full system, so I ended up with a new chrome twin tailpipe anyway!

So this brings up almost up to date. On Sunday morning I was told by marina security that during the night a trailer which had been left in front of my car had been blown by the wind and had made contact. Their security had happened upon the car and moved and secured the trailer after the fact. They noted the owner of said trailer had neglected to install the brake on the trailer.

So now I am left with damaged paintwork to the front bumper. My luck with this car has not started off the best way. I contacted the owner and he came to the marina and was most upset and told me that he actually owns a Boxster as well. He has contacted his Insurance company so I hope to hear something about it soon.

Looking at it from the most positive point of view I can muster, I am glad it's only bumper damage and not the wing or the bonnet, as with me being parked by the sea there is a lot of salt in the air so you can imagine how fast the rust would set in.

Anyway I'm hoping the owner will decide to give me some cash to resolve this issue. I am planning a bumper change anyway so I'm not too upset although it means I have to drive around for the next 5 weeks with this damage on my car.

Bad luck. Glad the owner was decent. Makes a big difference.

Arghh 😣

Bad luck!

What are you planning to change the front bumper to?

Gutted for you.

I would be looking for some kind of temporary sticker/decal over the front bumper blemish.

Martini logo? Race number? Etc etc

A superb mod that diffuser is! Well done!
Quick question. Mine is an 'S' with PSE so will i need to but the plastic that surrounds the exhaust too?
Cheers
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back