Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 PCM 2009 - Music Stream

Rr1 said:
Thanks

Is there a part number of specific name for the Porsche audio cable for the 997.2?

Mate call up design 911 in Brentwood. My y cable broke 3 months ago and they had several in stock.

thanks will do, 15% sale at the moment as well!

i doesnt seem to be on their website as only ones for the PCM2 are on there so will give them a ring

cheers

Rr1 said:
Thanks

Is there a part number of specific name for the Porsche audio cable for the 997.2?

PCM 3 Y cable (PN 997-612-471-02)

'Y' cable ordered from 911 design as Cambridge Porsche dont stock these

Bovee 1000 ordered from Amazon

thanks for the help guys

Will the Bovee allow Android phone Bluetooth phone connection to the head unit too?

I ask because my PCM works strangely with my phone when connected. As in the text messages and phone logs get imbedded in the radio and do not show up on my phone, it also seems to disable all 4G and wifi when connected to the car. Drives me potty and could do with an alternative.

Received the Bovee and Y cable but can't play music from amazon or anything online because as soon as I plug it in it takes away the 4G from the phone???

GlenB said:
Will the Bovee allow Android phone Bluetooth phone connection to the head unit too?

At least for the iPhone this works once you get phone calls a prompt appears on how you wish to take the call through bovee or the pcm or just via the headset. Your phone should be able to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time. One Is the PCM and the other is Bovee.

Rr1 said:
Received the Bovee and Y cable but can't play music from amazon or anything online because as soon as I plug it in it takes away the 4G from the phone???

So the y cable is attached in the armrest, circular connector for audio signal, usb for power, 30 pin Apple connector attached to bovee.

You should get blue led on bovee indicating it is powered.

I assume your phone is paired to bovee (instructions in bovee box).

Has your phone connected to bovee? My iPhone 6 shows headphones icon.

Turn up volume on phone

Set your pcm source to aux or ipod.

Play your music source

You should now be good to go. From amazon/Spotify/YouTube etc.

I can't understand why you lose mobile 4g coverage.

If you have done all the above, pull out the y-cable and check you haven't snapped a pin in the round connector. I did that in my enthusiasm the first time as it's a bit fiddly.

Yes, all connected up correctly and Bluetooth connection fine.i can play the music but it is knocking the 3G/4G as soon as I plug it in so any steamed music isn't possible. Very weird....not sure why or how it is effecting the internet?

I have the new iPhone XR which is all up to date

Stephen603 said:
GlenB said:

At least for the iPhone this works once you get phone calls a prompt appears on how you wish to take the call through bovee or the pcm or just via the headset. Your phone should be able to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices at the same time. One Is the PCM and the other is Bovee.

Rr1 said:
Yes, all connected up correctly and Bluetooth connection fine.i can play the music but it is knocking the 3G/4G as soon as I plug it in so any steamed music isn't possible. Very weird....not sure why or how it is effecting the internet?

I have the new iPhone XR which is all up to date

This kind of couples with the problem that I have been having with my head unit without a bovee. 4g vanishes and texts and calls go straight to head unit and don't show up on the phone.

Rr1, What happens if you get someone to text you when connected to the bovee out of interest?

it was not connecting and no texts, calls coming through.

so i unplugged it all, deleted the Bovee off the phone and plugged the wires and Bovee in first and gave it 1 minute and then connected to the phone and it all works now....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back