Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decisions decisions

Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:
not 100% on the wheels, quite happy with them at the moment.

i am looking at paint correction at the moment because although the previous owner looked after it there are a lot of swirls and general imperfections. i have been quoted £850 for a full 4 day paint correct and ceramic quote. once it looks tip top i can consider the wheels but think they will stay

Looks great ....

Basalt Black or Jet Black ?

Either way , the black wheels are better than silver... I do like the Copper Wheels , you can see a few over on Rennlist ... the lads from over the pond seem to like that combo and are no as reserved as us Brits ...

It is basalt black. I think once I have had it detailed I will decide on the wheels

Good plan , I had my Turbo S done with Gyeon Mhos ceramic ... what a difference ....

dirt hardly sticks to it initially , then when washing it , the crud flows off the suds hardly stick but its so much easier to clean then looks the dogs straightaway afterwards ...

I use a water filter open hose to rinse off, so once that's done , no toweling or chamois touches the car .... recommend the ceramic ..

your car looks great ....
There is a set of Oz Allergeritas on sale in the Wheels section you know ??
take a look ..

Have to stick with approved Porsche wheels as I have the OPC warranty and want to continue to do so. I certainly don't hate the wheels and if anything would consider a colour change but not a complete change of wheels for now

Rr1 said:
Have to stick with approved Porsche wheels as I have the OPC warranty and want to continue to do so. I certainly don't hate the wheels and if anything would consider a colour change but not a complete change of wheels for now

Good point, if you are looking for a change later , keep an eye on here as there are often wheelsets up for sale , also enquire to ' Chris at Excel wheels' on here ..... I've heard of great sets sold to the lads on here ...

in the meantime the wheels on your car already looks good ....

911TEL said:
Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:

i am looking at paint correction at the moment because although the previous owner looked after it there are a lot of swirls and general imperfections. i have been quoted £850 for a full 4 day paint correct and ceramic quote. once it looks tip top i can consider the wheels but think they will stay

Looks great ....

Either way , the black wheels are better than silver... I do like the Copper Wheels , you can see a few over on Rennlist ... the lads from over the pond seem to like that combo and are no as reserved as us Brits ...

It is basalt black. I think once I have had it detailed I will decide on the wheels

Good plan , I had my Turbo S done with Gyeon Mhos ceramic ... what a difference ....

dirt hardly sticks to it initially , then when washing it , the crud flows off the suds hardly stick but its so much easier to clean then looks the dogs straightaway afterwards ...

I use a water filter open hose to rinse off, so once that's done , no toweling or chamois touches the car .... recommend the ceramic ..

take a look ..

My only concern was with a black car that obviously after the paint correction and ceramic it will look amazing but after a few miles or some rain it will not be noticeable. Quote was for £850 and want to make sure it's money well spent? Thoughts....

I paid £500 for 2 stage machine polish and gtechniq exo & csl. 2 years ago.

Garaged but Used daily (except when salt is on roads). Washed every week.

Still beads like crazy and has a really nice shine. Weekly wash very quick as dirt drops off.

It's money well spent.

Not bulletproof though, you still need good was/dry technique as you can get micro swirls.

Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:

Looks great ....

take a look ..

My only concern was with a black car that obviously after the paint correction and ceramic it will look amazing but after a few miles or some rain it will not be noticeable. Quote was for £850 and want to make sure it's money well spent? Thoughts....

Worth it and 100% neccesary on a black car :thumb: But god you'll need to be careful afterwards :lol:

wow, I hate black wheels (each to their own) as I live just in Hertfordshire, on the Herts/Essex border, so see way way way to many white range rover evoques with black wheels which look awful, but now know I hate copper wheels even more. Just say attention seeking nutter to me, but have what you like! I love my standard wheels, and I am black on black as well :) different wheels though...
as I

Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:
911TEL said:
Rr1 said:

Looks great ....

take a look ..

TBH , I think the ceramic coat looks great and you will not see any rain spots on it as the rain is off straightaway , no marks ...it's easily the best bit of cash I have parted with since I bought my car ....The ceramic on the BB paint really enhances the colour ....

Don't think twice just go for it , you will not be disappointed if you are already thinking about it ....I think 850 is a decent price .....I paid more than that for mine but I had a full correction carried out prior to the ceramic ....I'd had it for 3 years before I had the time at home to get it done ,.......once done ,couldn't be more satisfied .....

My ( Black 😎) BBS wheels are coated too , so easy to clean compared to before ...

Terry
:D :D :D :D

James M-S said:
I paid £500 for 2 stage machine polish and gtechniq exo & csl. 2 years ago.

Garaged but Used daily (except when salt is on roads). Washed every week.

Still beads like crazy and has a really nice shine. Weekly wash very quick as dirt drops off.

It's money well spent.

Not bulletproof though, you still need good was/dry technique as you can get micro swirls.

I agree , it's ( even) more pleasurable cleaning those curves after ceramic coating though ....wash time is cut easily by half ...

Good wash with lamps wool mitt and rinse with filtered water and hardly need to touch the car nowadays ....
'Kin amazing stuff'.......

All booked in for 3/12 for three days of paint correction and ceramic coating. I was recommended someone else about 50 mins away who said £600 using G-techniq stuff. Looking forward to it.

almost 2 weeks into ownership and very happy with it. thought I had problems two days ago when in got in the car and the foot wells were soaked but turned out to be blocked drains around the battery....panic over

been stopped 4 times already by people wanting to comment how nice the car is......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back