Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WARNING - SVP Motorsport (Worcester) / Dominic Delaney

Stwannabe said:
A little disappointing in one respect, as I was looking forward to coming face to face with him again

Or 'her' again :grin:

:sing:

...tis' a completely unregulated industry; I have had so many poor experiences with Garages and Car Dealers that I simply don't trust them and will always do my own spannering whenever I can because I can do a job properly !

My stepson has spent his entire career in the motor trade and the stories he can recount would make your toes curl...

Currently running the body shop of a premium marque...last week during a visit saw a new customers car in the booth having paint work after being damaged during a routine service...he tells me this happens all the time; week before he repaired a brand new yet to reach its new owner £80k car damaged in the dealership!

They charge £138 ph...

Spanner Monkeys...

A sorry tale and a warning to all.

Get any work estimate in writing and on company letterhead paper. The law always has bit of flex either way with estimates but it stops the pi&& getting taken out of you.

Never ever get into a gentleman's agreement on anything other than a small job.

GMG said:
...tis' a completely unregulated industry; I have had so many poor experiences with Garages and Car Dealers that I simply don't trust them and will always do my own spannering whenever I can because I can do a job properly !

My stepson has spent his entire career in the motor trade and the stories he can recount would make your toes curl...

Currently running the body shop of a premium marque...last week during a visit saw a new customers car in the booth having paint work after being damaged during a routine service...he tells me this happens all the time; week before he repaired a brand new yet to reach its new owner £80k car damaged in the dealership!

They charge £138 ph...

Spanner Monkeys...

Some of us aint too bad :D

I used to got to Promax Motorsport for many years until they shut up shop. I had a couple of expensive bills from them but they always did a good job and went the extra mile. Everything was itemised as well down to nuts and bolts in some cases and photos for major jobs!

I've been lucky and managed to move into a home with a garage and a large driveway. Something I've been hankering after for a long time and will enable me to do far more spannering than I can ever have time for :D

Good mechanics are few and far between if you find one hang on to them!

...Iain you are undoubtedly the exception, sadly there aren't enough of you in the industry!

Sadly, many trades are like this. It's not just skilled, trustworthy mechanics that are hard to find, it's the same for a builder, plasterer, gardener, taxi firm - you name it.
I always try to do homework (social media reviews, really) but a lot of these things are pot luck and it's difficult to protect yourself from traders like the one in this thread.

I see his new company SVP Motorsport has a 5 star Google review score! :nooo:

Yes and I wonder how many of those are genuine reviews.

£180,000 voluntary liquidation with circa 30 odd creditors, wonder how,may stars they would give them, I would be very cynical of who is writing these reviews.

Wh1t3Kn1ght, when you got the car back and realised you've been scammed, what has been the response from Dominic Delaney of SVP Motorsport, as that is what is also important.

Dismissed it, never responded, or wanted more money, etc ?

GMG said:
...Iain you are undoubtedly the exception, sadly there aren't enough of you in the industry!

All i can say is that my eyes have been opened after reading on this forum .. not a bad thing to be fair ..

I always assumed all garages were pretty much equal .. it wasnt until comeing here i learnt the harsh truth and ill be honest it shocked me.

I dont consider this to be a hard trade .. there are a few tricky problems but over all its not a job i consider that needs a huge amount of intelligence .. i certainly dont consider myself to be intelligent to the likes of you guys.

I fix cars .. you often run businesses .. BIG difference .

For garages to act the way they do .. theres no words i can say .. it depresses me .. it lets my trade down ... and im proud to be a Porsche Mechanic

I provide a service for a reasonable profit .. it seems some people dont do that .

All i can add is i come here to try and explain whats wrong .. what it should cost and help out that way as theres nothing more i can do to help out ..

I also consider it a pleasure to do so .

deMort said:
GMG said:

All i can say is that my eyes have been opened after reading on this forum .. not a bad thing to be fair ..

I always assumed all garages were pretty much equal .. it wasnt until comeing here i learnt the harsh truth and ill be honest it shocked me.

I dont consider this to be a hard trade .. there are a few tricky problems but over all its not a job i consider that needs a huge amount of intelligence .. i certainly dont consider myself to be intelligent to the likes of you guys.

For garages to act the way they do .. theres no words i can say .. it depresses me .. it lets my trade down ... and im proud to be a Porsche Mechanic

I provide a service for a reasonable profit .. it seems some people dont do that .

All i can add is i come here to try and explain whats wrong .. what it should cost and help out that way as theres nothing more i can do to help out ..

Legend :worship:

HSC911 said:
deMort said:
GMG said:

Legend :worship:

He's a good lad :thumb:

Hi Folks - spent most of saturday undoing all the "work" that Dominic Delaney had done to the turbo. Once I started dismantling things I couldn't believe what I was seeing - the guy shouldn't be allowed to continue trading!

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Didn't photograph but the rear side windows had been installed badly with the trim not even tucked under the rubber seal - so those have also been removed ready for reinstallation.

You get the idea generally screws / bolts missing all over the place - (why use all 6 x bolts when 2 x bolts will do huh?) rusted screws used instead of being replaced. Wires or hoses not connected (the front bumper had been installed incorrectly and the headlight washer system was left in a box.

Driver door window has been installed into the door without the window channels.... the list goes on.

Dominic Delaney SVP Motorsport

It's sorry to see but you can't be surprised??

He's incapable, incompetent and inept and its criminal he continues to trade. Just a shame you have parted with proper money for a proper job and he's stiffed you.

He's done this time and time again and will continue to do so, I doubt he has much of a business and as he has proved before, he cannot run a business, so it's just a matter of time. A contributor on another forum mentioned recently that he has very few tools in his workshop of any note and there was no activity.

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back