Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seven reasons the 997 is the best generation 911

alex yates said:
I wasn't stating it was Porsche's fault mate, DFI engine obviously not "bullet-proof" which is stated in the article.

Fact is bore score is most apparent in tips & 3.8 engines. Seeing as the M96 never came in 3.8 form, then that shoves the figures up for the M97.

:grin: well I can only agree that the gen2 isn't totally bullet proof :grin: Yes I know the 3.6 997.1 is less prone to scoring and thats basically the engine from the 996 so your comment would make sense. So is it more IMS that the 996 is plagued with as for most of the 997.1s production they had moved to the newer bearing so less 997.1s than 996 with the old style IMS .

I read the article , its a bit all over the place and its really impossible to state which is the best 911
as different people like different things many say the 996 is the better driving car others say the 997 is the better looking car and others think the 997.1 3.6 is the best all round value for money car then theres those that rave about the 997.2

personally and this is purely my opinion and excluding flagship models but I think the unicorn for me would be a well speced 997.1 3.8 4S, X51, aero kit, Hartech rebuilt car in Speed Yellow :grin: :grin: :grin:

TOTAL 911 are the absolute worst when it comes to writing clickbait articles in order to drive up web visits, thus being able to make more ££ from advertising.

There's loads of these junk articles they've written. One minute it's "here's 10 reasons why the 964 is better than the 993" then a few months later they'll do "here's why the 993 is the definitive 911" or something.

They know it stires up debate on forums, driving clicks and helping with their Google search rankings.

jonttt said:
What's a 997 :dont know:

a modern version of your garage Princess.

badlands said:
TOTAL 911 are the absolute worst when it comes to writing clickbait articles in order to drive up web visits, thus being able to make more ££ from advertising.

There's loads of these junk articles they've written. One minute it's "here's 10 reasons why the 964 is better than the 993" then a few months later they'll do "here's why the 993 is the definitive 911" or something.

They know it stires up debate on forums, driving clicks and helping with their Google search rankings.

This.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
badlands said:

This.

this +1

and it's a 4 year old article

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back