Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 3.6 Vacuum source

JordanH

Silverstone
Does anyone know where there will be a vacuum hose I can take a feed from on a 997.2 3.6 DFI engine?

There is a hard plastic hose which runs to the brake servo which i'd rather not use but i'm struggling to find another one both in the engine bay and under the car.

Before I start taking it to bits searching further I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I need the feed for a Top Gear switchable exhaust. :thumb:

ninenineseven said:
Does anyone know where there will be a vacuum hose I can take a feed from on a 997.2 3.6 DFI engine?

There is a hard plastic hose which runs to the brake servo which i'd rather not use but i'm struggling to find another one both in the engine bay and under the car.

Before I start taking it to bits searching further I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I need the feed for a Top Gear switchable exhaust. :thumb:

I'm sure Demort has given you the answer but FWIW there's also a line which goes to the Hemholz resonator solenoid on the airfilter housing and one that goes to the PSE solenoid (if you have PSE) on the RH side of the engine. They all come from the vaccum pump and are all connected so I'm sure it doesn't matter where you T piece off a line

I have no idea of the vacuum setup on the DFI engines, but unless you have a constant source of vacuum available you will need a vacuum reservoir and one-way valve connected before the PSE solenoid.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back