Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help to identify coilovers

Robbo46

Hi,

Newbie to the 993 club
hoping someone might recognise what manufacturer/type for these rear coilovers

any help appreciated

[/img]

Attachments

• img_4512_178.jpg
    img_4512_178.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,473
  • img_4511_178.jpg
    img_4511_178.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,473
  • img_4510_132.jpg
    img_4510_132.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,473
Difficult to tell from your pics to be honest, they look decent enough and somebody has obviously spent some money on that suspension in that past looking at those drop links.

The dampers maybe ok but have suffered externally for sure, are you looking to replace?.

How does it handle on these?.

Trev

There's an advert for ACF 50 right there.....if your keen take them off and clean them up and I'm sure you'll find some identifying marks.

As Trev says somebody has spent money on the suspension in the past and if there good maybe a clean up is all they need :dont know:

If they are Bilstein I'm sure they can be serviced/ re valved etc.

For some reason never come across ACF30 before, do tell how effective it is.
Bilstien HDs, PSS9s and 10s have ally bodies which do corrode badly.

It's really easy to use and a little goes a long way - I don't use the 993 when there is salt on the road however I did run a Suzuki 750 Gixxer all year round and coated all the exposed metal once a month and the bike looked brand new when I sold it five years later.....I do use it on the 993 and FSDs I installed 4 years ago look brand new :thumb:

I think it has been discussed on here before http://www.acf-50.co.uk

Thanks for the replies, used ACF50 on my bikes before it's good stuff, plan on using Dynax UC on the underside once I get everything cleaned up, this is going to be a daily driver so the coating will need to be a bit more robust. Was hoping the bracket for the drop link would identify the make. Will get a closer look next I'm under - a few other jobs to attend to first.

If you email Chris or Pete at Centre Gravity, i'd bet good money that they'll know exactly what coilovers they are. :thumb:

C.

Good shout I'll give them a bell, had them replace the suspension on my old 997 a while back, too blokes

I checked out ACF50 and ordered 2 cans but reviews say XCP rust blocker is better so I ordered 2 cans of that as well I'll do some of my own testing this winter.
Time spent at CoG is golden, I learnt so much and the cars were transformed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back