Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Struggling to sell!

This happens pretty much every year when we hit November time - amplified with the slow turn of the "Porsche bubble" and Brexit. If you're desperate to sell unfortunately you'll have to sell for less than it's worth - otherwise patience will find you a good buyer. Best of luck!

How come the site will let us say Brexit again? Can we say Trump too?

Fastfishracing said:
Thanks for the replies :)

It's the white one on Pistonheads. PCCB's are of course an issue. No cracks or delamination but they are showing the wear markers.

Will get an add on Ebay as well as here!

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon, do you have an idea how long the discs go on for once the wear markers are showing and have you looked into costs of alternative ceramics?

Are they the original rotors? Guessing big bucks to replace all of them which I would imagine might put a lot of folk off! I think I read somewhere that they can be re-furbed, might be an option?

just be patient - i sold a 996tt and e90m3 comp privately in the past two years. Each has taken 3 months. You just need to wait for the right buyer to come to you. Agree that sub £30k is a wider market if in a hurry though - i would have bought it for that! best of luck with the sale

As has been said the market is slow at present.

I may get shot down (and possibly rightly so) but as somebody looking at similar cost vehicles I can share my thoughts.

It looks a nice car with a nice spec but IMHO the ceramic brakes have potential to be very costly quite soon to replace which is likely to put some off. It may be worth clarifying current condition, cost to replace or if they can be changed for regular discs & pads. A bill of £6K+ soon for front discs is quite scary on a £30K car.

Secondly I would suggest that 80K miles might/will weigh on the purchasers mind, come their resale time and they will probably have to sell a 100K + car which will be difficult and may mean the funds are not easy to release should they need to.

Trade cars seem to be around £32-33K for similar miles/3.6 gen 2 and I'd suggest that there isn't enough of a gap to a private sale with yours. £29K asking price with accepting offers above £28K would appear to me be enough of a gap to go private sale and probably start to get noticed by potential purchasers of good 997.1 S'?

...I often look at the For Sale section and very few of the 996s appear to sell...I contacted one member about his C4s back in January but he wouldn't shift on the price so I looked and bought elsewhere...this car remains for sale still!?

Over valued perhaps? People haven't got any cash perhaps? People can't get finance perhaps?

Who knows but demonstrably the market is stagnant....

Just had another look on AT, there is a trade blue pdk cab with 84k at 28995.

I realise OP is a manual/coupe and nicer extras to some but i think he has to be at least at the same price or better for a private sale.

Having the PCCB's are a brilliant extra but not when they're on the way out, then they're a hindrance.

Hi all, first post here...

I've been keeping an eye on 997 prices for well over a year, i mainly look on AT and eBay, also Car Gurus is quite interesting as it logs cars' original advert prices so you can see how much some have come down in price and not sold easily.
There was 2010 C2S PDK with 83000 miles, black on black, paddle/sport wheel, chrono plus, PASM, PSE, heated/embossed seats, looked mint, started at £38000 and came all the way down to £31000 before it finally sold. I also watched another with the same spec, with 29000 miles, go for £42990!

As someone else just pointed out, unfortunately the mileage does put people off as it's likely to be on 100,000+ miles when it's resale time. It's not that it's a worry for the car, just that resale prices are dictated by mileage.

As for time of year, it probably narrows down the punters a bit, but i think you need to get it on eBay, list it as a classified ad, it'll only cost you £15, no extra charges when it's sold, you can end the listing anytime with no fees.
I was just in a similar position, i just sold my 2015 Golf R with 40,000 miles on it, above average miles when looking at others but it went in 2 weeks for only £250 under what i wanted, so i'm now looking out for a Gen 2 997 :thumb:

I hadn't seen yours till last night, i absolutely love the spec of it. I could be tempted, i'm just a bit worried i'd be scared to put miles on it. If i could get that out of my mind and just enjoy it/think of it as a keeper ...
Would be interested in any advice on the cost of the PCCB's.

Matt

Personally I wouldn't worry about the PCCB's. They are fabulous and go on forever with general road use.

I have them on my turbo (also for sale :roll: ) but I haven't accounted for them in the price because people seem scared of them due to the replacement cost. You can always just use steel rotors rather than buying expensive alcons if you don't want to risk running them and then put the ceramics back on at resale time. Defeats the object, but there you go. :dont know:

Refurbishment is about £1100 per rotor with Surface Transforms I seem to recall..

ragpicker said:
Refurbishment is about £1100 per rotor with Surface Transforms I seem to recall..

Thanks for that, i really know nothing about them so it's time i did some research!

ragpicker said:
Personally I wouldn't worry about the PCCB's. They are fabulous and go on forever with general road use.

I have them on my turbo (also for sale :roll: ) but I haven't accounted for them in the price because people seem scared of them due to the replacement cost. You can always just use steel rotors rather than buying expensive alcons if you don't want to risk running them and then put the ceramics back on at resale time. Defeats the object, but there you go. :dont know:

Where is this info from??? :dont know: Wasnt aware that refurb was possible

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back