Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Spacers

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
Looking to get spacers all round. I unsuccessfully bought some from a user on here, so decided to just buy some new ones.

Question is... Are the ones I've seen on eBay any good or should I be looking for something with a little more quality. I just have some concerns about those shiny cheap wheel bolts in the packages.

I'd stick to the likes of Eibach, H+R, and TPI (TPIs in particular are light weight and very well made). There's a lot of crap out there on ebay.

MaxA said:
I'd stick to the likes of Eibach, H+R, and TPI (TPIs in particular are light weight and very well made). There's a lot of crap out there on ebay.

:thumb:

I bought spacers from TWD (Tech World Direct) on Ebay, and the quality is very good, including the bolts. There might be some rubbish on Ebay, but the TWD stuff is fine, and good value.

+1 for the ebay ones, I bought a set 7 mm and 15 mm inc bolts and security bolts and they are perfect fit.
tech_world_direct have over 80 k feedbacks and I certainly found them very helpful. Think the whole lot cost about £70 delivered.

easternjets said:
+1 for the ebay ones, I bought a set 7 mm and 15 mm inc bolts and security bolts and they are perfect fit.
tech_world_direct have over 80 k feedbacks and I certainly found them very helpful. Think the whole lot cost about £70 delivered.

£70 including bolts and locking ones ... Really ?

They quoted me £155 for exactly that this week. How long ago did you get them ?

These guys have good spacers and you will note the narrow spacers eg 3mm 5mm 7mm also have a hub spigot whereas most you look at in those sizes are just a shim and 7mm is very close to the limit for just a shim without any hub spigots.

https://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/index.php?cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Phil 997 said:
These guys have good spacers and you will note the narrow spacers eg 3mm 5mm 7mm also have a hub spigot whereas most you look at in those sizes are just a shim and 7mm is very close to the limit for just a shim without any hub spigots.

https://www.wheelspacers.uk.com/index.php?cat=c311_Porsche.html&bezeichnung=911%20(997)%20Carrera%20S,%204,%204S&typ=997

Nice one... Thanks Phil. They are more like it.

Those titanium bolts look the business. I have put them on my christmas list.

MC

Never thought of putting spacers on a 911 (997.2 4S). Do they improve the handling or just for looks? I did put them on my Land Rover Defender which did improve the handling, looks and turning circle and was all the better for it, but obviously a totally different animal from a Porker! So I would like to know the affects on a 911. Also how wide would you go and could they cause any detrimental suspension/tyre issues? :?:

5mm spacers were fitted as standard to the 996 GT3. I am fitting them to give clearance for my calipers. 7mm all round. There is clearance at 5mm but it is super tight.

MC

Phil 997 said:

Second shout for this company. Nice anodised finish with proper Porsche hub centric set up. I went with 7mm front and 13mm rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back