Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And Still on the original IMS?

...at 120k miles a 996 engine is most likely worn out not run in ! According to threads that Hartech have presented on here...

GMG said:
...at 120k miles a 996 engine is most likely worn out not run in ! According to threads that Hartech have presented on here...

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Thought we were going to get a happy thread going there :eek: :eek:

GMG said:

If that was the case Porsche would have been sued by every Porsche owner of these engines as I know every car manufacturer has to test cars to destruction and crazy miles before they can put the car into production.

Millers oil analysis - engine clean as a whistle, no bearing material/Alu/Moly/lead etc

They said the oil was in good condition after routine 4000mile annual replacement

Funny isn't it? Baz comes on and says that these engines in their experience are generally pretty worn at 80k miles and everyone replies " great post Baz thanks"... I regurgitate and it's viewed negatively?

If you want to believe that your engine is nicely run in at 100k plus miles then that's you prerogative ... not evidence based but wtf ...why let the facts get in the way...

I do not understand why we should rush to replace our IMS bearing
These cars are 20 plus years old now, it is unklily there are still latent defects from 1998 running around,,,,most would have gone pop years ago

Lots of people selling peace of mind at a price,,,for me I have no intentions breaking open a perfectly good engine to replace a part that hasn't failed with a part not designed by Porsche

My advise is drive drive drive. Plus replace oil yearly 👍🏻

996.1 c2 1999 loving it

...because friendo you never know when and or if they might fail...mine shat itself earlier this year...no warnings....

I have the car back...many,many thousands of pounds lighter and after getting rather hysterical and throwing a £15k tantrum have decided to have a word with myself and keep the car...

However my view hasn't changed on this matter...they can and do fail without warning...don't buy a 996/7 unless you like to gamble or have a spare £10k plus...

When mine was dissected many parts were worn requiring replacement and mine is a full Porsche history 70k miles one![/code]

I changed mine simply because the RMS started having a small leak so as I had the gearbox out I may as well upgrade it and change the clutch at the same time.

My car has done 65K now, is meticulously serviced and feels as tight as a nut. Mileage is but one component when judging a car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back