Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne 955 -restoring her back

HSC911 said:
BHZ661 said:
Another great improvement , keep them coming :thumbs:

Especially pics of Mrs Tony too :oops:

She looks :heat:

:grin:

:wink:
I do punch above my weight :)
I am lucky as she is a petrol head, loves football and up for a laugh
But there's always a downside lads, she's a vegetarian!!

That's not a downside. Lettuce is cheaper than steak.

And she is easy on the eye.

At some point I will do a video of my Turbo S with rear muffer delete so you can hear what it should really sound like.

PeterS said:
That's not a downside. Lettuce is cheaper than steak.

And she is easy on the eye.

At some point I will do a video of my Turbo S with rear muffer delete so you can hear what it should really sound like.

Thanks, would love to hear what a turbo sounds like as we are faking it a tad :)
Wow is the word f4aking a swear word around here lol

Spent some of saturday giving the girl a deep clean, snow foam, two buckets (of course) etc.
Then sunday cracked out the machine polisher and set to doing a little paint correction.
Two stage on the bodywork , wiped down and then two coats of Blackfire wax and she is good to go, only took about 6 hours :)

fullsizeoutput_6193 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_6197 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_619b by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_61a2 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

This weekend was all about callipers. Thought I would treat the " trouble and strife" as I know she always wanted them a different colour. This was all done with a brush so it is not 100% perfect in my eyes but a hellva lot less masking compared to spraying. I might do the rear with spray cans to see the difference.

First up time to clean and degrease the original ones. They were a bit shot so had to rub them down with scotchbrite which made short work of the letting.

IMG_3082 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3086 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3088 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3089 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Masked up and then two coats. This is epoxy paint with hardener, thin and thick coat and it goes off pretty quick

IMG_3107 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3104 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Found time to clean up the bolts as they were a bit rubbish

IMG_3152 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3153 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

then onto the lettering. Managed to mess the first one up but luckily they give you three as they know you might ***** up at least one :D

IMG_3161 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Whacked the wheels back on and job done

IMG_3170 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3169 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Time for some brownie points me thinks 8)

Her ladyship said silver so silver is what she got.

Bells needed cleaning up and painting so whilst I was under there, I decided to repaint the wishbones, suspension arms etc. Nothing fancy just the stuff that looked tatty.

IMG_3257 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3259 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3260 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Masked up

IMG_3265 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3267 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3269 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3270 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Considering i only come here to answer questions on faults (i dont own a Porsche ) .. i have actually enjoyed this thread .. Cayennes get very little love on here .. keep it up :thumb:

deMort said:
Considering i only come here to answer questions on faults (i dont own a Porsche ) .. i have actually enjoyed this thread .. Cayennes get very little love on here .. keep it up :thumb:

That is very kind of you to say . I only post on here to show the progress but also as a way of helping other owners if they are doing similar. As we are new to the marquee and dont have the luxury of just plonking it in a garage with an open chequebook , forums like this are an invaluable help to us.

:thumb:

ragpicker said:
I'm considering having a dabble with a Cayenne. This thread is very useful Tony!

How do you find the big girl to drive compared to the Taureg?

Glad you found the thread helpful

It is the wife's so ago be honest I dont get to driver her ! Muggins here is left to fix and clean things up but on the odd occasion I have been allowed to drive, found the seating person fantastic, seats are proper comfy , heated seats and steering wheel a bonus at this time of year !! All in all a good interior, road handling is pretty good for such a big car though compared to the touareg, the suspension is harsh ( more sporty) so dont be fooled into thinking it is going to be all soft and marshmallow like :) I guess the turbo with its air suspension might be better but the S is not. But certainly goes like stink ..hope that helps

ragpicker said:
Cheers Swiss lad!

Everyone tells me that the air suspension is a must. I'm thinking of finding a cheap, fully loaded turbo for the winter... Good to know they go well!

well in your neck of the woods you will need it :)

( dont tell anyone but thats where I am from originally though now a lapsed shandy drinking southerner :) )

TBH the ride is great in the S but the turbo does come with a few more toys, e.g memory seat position , steering rake controls, different dash instrument cluster etc but it really comes down to the options that were specified at time of purchase. My wife's boss has an S but he has german style rear bumper with twin exhausts tips, different wheels and so on. So when buying second hand you need to search for what you want. Everything extra is a brucie bonus ! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back