Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S purchase

vlad said:
The C4S Plus was a fully loaded run out edition in 2005 and did include the X51 engine and the GT3 wheels. Only ever seen a cabriolet version though, like this.

Wow thanks for sharing - I thought I was a bit of a 996 C4S expert having owned one for 12 years (now sadly gone) - thought I'd read everything about them, never heard of that run out edition.

Was it a US, UK or RoW thing I wonder ?

Likewise, news to me too. It's a great package with the X51 and the GT3 alloys. The badge looks a bit home-made. Did they make no coupes?

vlad said:
Was it a US, UK or RoW thing I wonder ?

It was a version made for the Swiss market, but apparently some RHD cars were ordered in the UK and so delivered in RHD. There was even a C4S Plus brochure produced too.

According the the thread below, it had:
* Titanium colored "Carrera 4S Plus" badge on the engine lid.
* A "4S Plus" badge on the center console.
* Powerkit with 345HP
* 18' wheels in GT3-look
* 6 speed gearbox
* Metallic paint
* Sports suspension (-10mm)
* Leather
* Digital Sound package

I only know about it because as Freshy on here has one:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123018&sid=c9a3c439544e4bed5838c331499b6796

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120797&sid=076f716550098927e239289bd80ac4c1

It's a shame the C4S plus didn't come in the coupe form. I am not a big fan of cab, although my daughter loves going in the E30 cab. Looks like a lot to learn about the C4S.

Please let me know if you guys see a decent C4S coupe Manual for sale. :wink:

I saw a very nice c4s today at my local indy. Badalt with a really nice tan interior. Tiptronic and with sunroof, but one owner from new, and just like new frankly as it should with a shade under 10k miles in total! I think it is getting sold into the uk.
Cheers
Rick

elan said:
It's a shame the C4S plus didn't come in the coupe form. I am not a big fan of cab, although my daughter loves going in the E30 cab. Looks like a lot to learn about the C4S.

Please let me know if you guys see a decent C4S coupe Manual for sale. :wink:

I've seen C4S Plus coupe's in LHD, surely someone would have ordered a RHD coupe back in the day.. Good luck with your search.

Good luck. Not many really good ones out there and prices defo seem on the rise (not sure how many are chancers!)

I am back searching for a 996 C4S. We bought a 911 C4 as a fun runabout and it's now mainly used by the Mrs. I want to replace the C4 with a C4S for her birthday. I am only looking for cars that have had the engine rebuilt to avoid headaches.

I am going to see the one below shortly, any views? Is it going to be difficult to sell it in the future with that kind of mileage?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-carrera-4s-tiptronic-s----------2004/7036483

Please let me know if you see any decent examples for sale. Thank you.

The milage is high and will put off buyers in the future ..

However .. anyone that knows these cars will appreciate the engine rebuild and allow a higher sale price .

You need to find out who did the rebuild as obviously some companys command a higher price if they have done it .

Strange as it may seem but haveing x2 keys that work actually shows the car has been looked after .

Car looks good from the pictures .. but close up is were it counts .

Usual PPI is warrented as there are a lot of items that might need money being thrown at .

A friend of mine has been looking for a C4S for a while .. a lot of them are not very good im afraid .

I am selling one for a mate . See the ad on this forum.
Has a recent rebuilt engine . A real minter :thumb:

I'm in London too

Thanks Demort, it is hard find a good car with sensible mileage that's had an engine rebuild. I started looking for a while and stopped as nothing suitable came up for sale. Tried to convince the Mrs to go for 997.2 instead but she says the rear lights are ugly!

Askgeez, I did see your friends car for sale. Ideally I want to px our C4 as I would rather not sell it privately.

elan said:
I am only looking for cars that have had the engine rebuilt to avoid headaches.

That strategy should work but is definitely not essential if the right car comes up... I bought a mint Black C4s with 49k miles in August 2017. Original engine with all precautionary maintenance (IMS and RMS) completed.

12k miles later... Love it even more.

I'll add.. bought privately through a real gentleman who explained why he was selling and happy for me to talk to Parr where he bought it from previously. I didn't even bother having the borescope after talking to the garage.

I'd still recommend you do a borescope but the point I'm making is you don't have to limit your search :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back