Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wipers parked on the passenger side

stewart rix said:
I think it makes absolute sense for the wipers to park on the drivers side - it ensures the screen in front of you gets cleared first. Never thought of it as impeding my view in any way - I'm certainly not tall and my seat is in the lower position.

As already mentioned, the advantage of being cleared first is pretty minimal. Probably similar to the amount of distraction they cause :)

911UK said:
they are always parked on the drivers side whether lhd or rhd to ensure the better coverage on the drivers side

when you run your wipers you're see that the passenger side doesn't quite have the coverage of the drivers side since they are offset to the drivers side

added that the 2 wipers are closer together so ensuring maximum performance

"Coverage" would be the same wherever they park so that's a red herring.

HSC911 said:
Is this what you lot talk about when the cars are put away to sleep :sleepy:

:grin:
Harsh but true. Although never used we worry about our wipers. Where should the front ones be parked and whether there should be one on the back.

Attached photo shows how badly the wipers obscure my vision -passenger's view is obscured by a 911Uk decal

Attachments

• oulton_park_2018_161.jpeg
    oulton_park_2018_161.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 2,712
hopeydaze said:
Attached photo shows how badly the wipers obscure my vision -passenger's view is obscured by a 911Uk decal

That's more like it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back