Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Andyobro, 993 Carrera Guards Red

andyobro

Hi fellow 993'ers.

Thought it about time I introduced myself. Seem to have spent too much time in the garage or driving to post :)

I purchased my 993 a few weeks ago. Its a LHD 95 Manual Carrera in Guards Red. Its my personal unicorn as it really hit my requirements list on the nose.

I have had a LHD Corrado in the past, so not afraid of driving on the wrong side. I actually like it :)

For its first year or so the car was owned by Porsche, theory says it was press or demo car for the factory. The first private owner purchased it directly from the factory when it was just over a year old.

Its a rather rare sunroof less car with all the right options in my eyes. These include LSD, aircon, cruise, computer, 8 way electric seats, the upgraded hifi speakers, black leather 8 way seats with black headlining.

Its then had some great upgrades by the previous owner, he owned it for 16 years. These include upgrading the seats to sports spec with red stitching by Southbound Trimmers, RS Steering wheel, Becker GP radio, red seat belts (didn't like them to begin with, but come round). Motorsound airfilter box, exhaust tips. Lowered springs (not sure on brand) and a few other bits and bobs.

I'm slowly making it mine, first off was a change of wheel colour as there was way to much red going on for me :). I also had a paint correction done by Next Level Detail, Phil did an amazing job of getting rid of all the love marks. Bournemouth Porsche had a Classic Clinic a couple of weeks ago, hence the picture, they reported back with only a very short list of things to do. Lots more mods planned.

Here are a few pictures, many more on my Instagram.

Look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Cheers Andy

Attachments

• 993_1_171.jpg
    993_1_171.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 993_2_151.jpg
    993_2_151.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 993_3_598.jpg
    993_3_598.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 993_4_682.jpg
    993_4_682.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 993_5_640.jpg
    993_5_640.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 4,673
Your first 911?
Welcome to the forum from another local 'lad'.
Lots of good advice and experience on here!
Enjoy !!

coullstar said:
Nice!!

Were you ever on the Corrado forum? Seems to be a few ex Corrado owners on here.

I was indeed. For my sins I was the instigator of the precursor to the forum, the yahoo group, that was back in the days of dialup in about 97. I had a LHD Purple G60 with the reg G60 GO. I seem to remember your user name back from the Corrado days?

Great Andy looking car. i was on the Corrado Forum too back in the early Noughties. Had a tornado red G60 that i converted to a 16v. Bringing back memories here of G-Werks and Jabba Sport :grin: .

Hi Andy - and welcome to the forum!

This looks stunning, and I think you did well to find this spec:
Guards Red
No sunroof
LSD
Air-con
Cruise control
Computer
8 way electric seats
Also - the upgraded seats with red stitching look great!

I'd even go as far as saying that LHD is the best seating and driving position with the off-set pedals and column.
.....and it's a perfect base for an RS re-creation :whistle:

Looks great.. lovely and LOW..sits perfect

Congrats!

just gave you a follow on insta

andyobro said:
coullstar said:
Nice!!

Were you ever on the Corrado forum? Seems to be a few ex Corrado owners on here.

I was indeed. For my sins I was the instigator of the precursor to the forum, the yahoo group, that was back in the days of dialup in about 97. I had a LHD Purple G60 with the reg G60 GO. I seem to remember your user name back from the Corrado days?

Ah yes. Yeah I've had 8 of them over the years. Done now though. Good luck with the 993, looks a cracker.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Stance and spec look :bandit:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back