Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Struggling to sell!

Fastfishracing

Trainee
Hi All,

I've been trying to sell my car for a little while now and wondering if anyone can see I'm doing something glaringly wrong!! I have it on Pistonheads for £30.5k (not sure if I'm allowed to put a link here). It's an early Gen2 with an amazing spec (as below), full Porsche history but has done 80k miles.

Seems like a bargain to me! Am I being too optimistic or is it just a bad time of the year?

Cheers
Jon

Hi

I remember seeing a silver car recently up with PCCB's?

This time of year coupled with a lot of uncertainly i'd say.

I want to come back to a Porsche and I've been looking but no joke because of brexit and having a lot tied up in a development which will hit the market just after March I'm thinking its best to keep any cash i have spare.

That said ideally I want a gen 2 c4s pdk but did stop and look at a silver 3.6 with pccb's on PH. As ideally i want a 4s and it wasnt an S i didn't give it much time but it was the pccb's that caught me. I've got them on my RS4 and really like them so would like them again.

The miles unfortunately will hold your car back.
I would price it just under the 30k mark say £29950.
Might catch someone then looking upto 30k.
Just before Christmas also isn't a particular good time.

I've had a quick search and found your ad... looks like a great car, nice spec!

Agreed with the comments above- uncertainties and xmas - it looks fairly priced, but under £30k might just prick someone's ears up.

Unfortunately we live in a world where 8k miles a year is considered a lot (I consider it nicely run in!), which will weigh against it. Have you had any PX/trade offers to give a feel for where you are relative to those?

Fastfishracing said:
Hi All,

I've been trying to sell my car for a little while now and wondering if anyone can see I'm doing something glaringly wrong!! I have it on Pistonheads for £30.5k (not sure if I'm allowed to put a link here). It's an early Gen2 with an amazing spec (as below), full Porsche history but has done 80k miles.

Seems like a bargain to me! Am I being too optimistic or is it just a bad time of the year?

Cheers
Jon

Jon, create your free ad here http://911uk.com/ads_create.php

I've picked my 911, and the previous car up on xmas eve. If someone wants it, it doesn't matter what time of year it is.

A driven example is more appealing than a stored low mileage one in my opinion. Just hold out, Tried eBay? - i don't shop for cars on pistonheads. think the general consensus is that anything on there is overpriced!

The miles for the car itself isn't a problem but what are the ceramic discs good for on the 997?

When you changed the pads were you able to get a condition report of the discs as if in very good shape perhaps you should mention in the advert?

The car and housing markets seem really quiet - I'm blaming the time of year plus THIS year....

Jon,

I was in touch regarding your car, in the end I just bought a similar specced car to yours but in 991 form! I'll be honest I was going to offer you around a grand under your asking, personally I thought that was a fair price in today's market. The ceramics may hold it back?.

For anyone looking, Jon seems a really genuine guy, and for the price of a low spec gen 1, you could have a stunning spec gen 2 with full OPC history, and in the second best colour, there aren't many about like that.

GLWTS :thumb:

Thanks for the replies :)

It's the white one on Pistonheads. PCCB's are of course an issue. No cracks or delamination but they are showing the wear markers.

Will get an add on Ebay as well as here!

Thanks
Jon

Thanks SpongeBob! :)

Price seems right. I agree with other comments about pricing under £30k so it hits people's search filters.

Market very slow at the moment.

Have you tried advertising through other enthusiast groups? TIPEC? Facebook groups? PCGB?

I think it is a very nice looking car and well priced.

I think it is purely seasonal and not many people are buying cars right now. If you can afford to drop the price, that will help. If not, wait until Spring when the market usually picks up.

...people don't appear to have any actual hard cash and they can't finance a private car as easily as turning up at a dealer and signing the HP / Finance paperwork!

Oh and with the ignorant voting for brexit we are heading for another recession....

Good time to buy and challenging time to sell ; however , everything sells for the right price though!

^^

You really are a barrel of laughs. :roll:

As said OP, bad time of year and general uncertainty. If you don't need to sell then I would just keep and enjoy.
Or on the other hand enjoy the fact that although you're losing more on yours than you'd like, whatever car you buy will also be cheaper than it was or would be.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back