Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.6 C2 ownership thread

wasz said:
:eek:

Amazing. I do hope you got a fantastic price for that stunning 924s.

Its a 944, one of the very last 2.5's sold.

I got enough to have my pick of 997's with cash left over :thumb:

Cheers, Paul

I'll be the first to point out I got my front discs on the wrong way round, they are sided left/right, in my haste I just opened the first box, cleaned it and fitted it. On closer inspection I had them wrong way round, fortunately there was no fluid in the system so it was a simple matter of whipping the calipers off and swapping discs over :oops:

Loving your work and attention to detail Paul !!

You should look at renaming this thread, as I skipped over it several times and nearly missed out on satisfying my cleaning OCD!

One thing that is making my stock OCD tick though, are those caliper decals... :what:

Looking forward to your next update!

Thanks Tony, I wasnt aware the title could be changed, but I have now done just that.

Regarding the calipers I have always been OCD for originality as yourself, I allowed myself this little change, if I loose sleep I can always redo them :lol:

RUDDY said:
Thanks Tony, I wasnt aware the title could be changed, but I have now done just that.

Regarding the calipers I have always been OCD for originality as yourself, I allowed myself this little change, if I loose sleep I can always redo them :lol:

Nice! :worship:

No problem, I understand! I'll just look away when the pics crop up :D

Were you not tempted to paint the calipers RED??

Concours

Just noticed this thread.WOW! Absolutely superb. I think you would walk away with any Concours competition. Keep Posting. I just love it :thumb:

Great work, looks fantastic :thumb: Wished I had the facilities to be able to do this..one day!

Very impressive!
Great thread, thanks for posting and keep it coming.

Impressive!

Excuse the daft question, but what are the dollops of colour on the spring for?

PS - Bish says hello :thumb:

inspirational thread.

What did you initially use to just start the process. i.e cleaning out the arches and getting the general grub off?
RFR or similar?

Cheers

Jay

jpsh120 said:
Impressive!

Excuse the daft question, but what are the dollops of colour on the spring for?

PS - Bish says hello :thumb:

I would guess Bish was sitting with his feet up !

The dabs of colour denote the poundage of the spring, if you look at the part numbers on PET it actually gives the colours for each model/spec, fortunately my daughters nail varnish collection stocked the correct shades :grin:

Cheers, Paul

JayG60 said:
inspirational thread.

What did you initially use to just start the process. i.e cleaning out the arches and getting the general grub off?
RFR or similar?

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay, once the arch liners are out brush as much of the dirt out dry, then it was a case of raiding my wifes cleaning supplies , Mr Muscle, Flash with bleach, basically any dillutable cleaning product just to wash off dirt. Once dried out you can then go at it with WD40 and nail brushes or tooth brushes. Lots of cheap microfibre cloths, use once and throw away. Clean the residue away with panel wipe or brake cleaner and then I use autoglym show shine to give it some protection.

Cheers, Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back